Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installed new rear driveshaft today..

Old 07-26-2008, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed new rear driveshaft today..

Hello everyone I installed a new rear driveshaft from carolina drivelive today. the shaft is very nice and priced right. My FT ulitmate 3" has only been installed a week or so and honestly it didnt drive that bad. But when I got under it today I noticed absolutly no uniformity from arm to arm. Example one rear lower had about a half inch of thread showing and the other rear lower had only about an eight.. wow. I pulled all arms checked everything and adjusted as needed. the trac bars were ok and dead on. My pinion angle on the front is about 8* and I adjusted the rear pinion to match the driveshaft angle at about 15*. My rear upper control arms measured about 18 3/4" from center to center. Does this sound too long? It drives much better now,at least as good as stock, but I only went for a very short drive because I could not get 2 of the bolts installed on the transfer case side of the driveshaft. Im going to have to pull that end of the shaft tommorw and get the bolts through the holes on the flange of the shaft and then start them on the flange of the axle. I opted for the bolt up type of shaft.. Had no other problems, thanks to this forum and project-jk. would have installed the last two bolts but Im working nights...Ill post pics very soon....

Quick Reply: Installed new rear driveshaft today..