Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

installed my tranny cooler thursday

Old 05-09-2008, 01:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default installed my tranny cooler thursday

I ordered a Flex-a-lite 26000 GVW tranny cooler, 10 x 20 x 3/4. I mounted it on straps in front of the condenser, it covers all the grill bar opening area. I drove home 54 miles at 75 mph. Got out put my hand on the cooler, warm to the touch. This cooler is an 8 row 1/2'' tube cooler and requires an extra quart of tranny fluid. Has not affected engine temperature or a/c cooling (no air restriction). I feel much better about my high speed daily commute as our miserably hot summer weather will be here soon.... I'm a techno-challenged older guy so imagine what it looks like, I can't help with a pic on this thread POSTING A FINISHED PHOTO IN YELLOW 4DR UNLIMITED PHOTOS UNDER TRANNY COOLER

Last edited by TINMAN080; 05-10-2008 at 05:48 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! I have notice my transmission shifting quite a bit smoother with my cooler.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright, you guys have shamed me into getting a transmission cooler. I guess I'll have to suspend my bitching about the tranny for awhile while I get it installed.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ya, I think I'm going to order one next week. The temperature is a risin' around here and after reading another thread about a guy who had a gage and he dropped 50 degrees with the cooler (220 to 170) I think it'll be a wise investment!
Old 05-09-2008, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are any of you having the TC issue being discussed on here? Don't or do you think Chrysler can/will use this against you for any and all tranny warranty issues? Like that guy being denied because his burnt ATF does not look/smell right. Just asking.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just ordered mine yesterday. This seems to be a popular upgrade now. I got a B&M Suprecooler. Here's the description from their site:

"70274 - SuperCooler rated at 29,200 BTU 11"x11"x1-1/2" (Racing model doesn't include installation components and has female 1/2 NPT fittings). Can also be used for all fluid cooling needs."

I don't like splicing rubber hoses into the system so I am going to hard line install mine. No offense to anybody who used rubber hose, I just prefer steel lines. If anybody is interested in a write up, I'll be glad to do one.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by element981
Are any of you having the TC issue being discussed on here? Don't or do you think Chrysler can/will use this against you for any and all tranny warranty issues? Like that guy being denied because his burnt ATF does not look/smell right. Just asking.
A search would turn up all you need. No, I don't see how in the world a properly installed trans cooler would affect warranty.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
A search would turn up all you need. No, I don't see how in the world a properly installed trans cooler would affect warranty.
I would like the write up. I know the law and the ends and outs, but they could say the cooler put the tranny in a cooler temp range, thus causing the failure.

I mean if they are going to void a guy's junk for having factory fluid...
Old 05-09-2008, 07:13 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by element981
I would like the write up. I know the law and the ends and outs, but they could say the cooler put the tranny in a cooler temp range, thus causing the failure.

I mean if they are going to void a guy's junk for having factory fluid...
I hear ya. It is gittin kinda stupid. When I get everything together, I'll take pics and do a writeup. Shouldn't be long.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I hear ya. It is gittin kinda stupid. When I get everything together, I'll take pics and do a writeup. Shouldn't be long.
I'm really interested in seeing how the hard lines turn out. I know it will look real clean. I guess you would use a tube bender?

Quick Reply: installed my tranny cooler thursday