Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installed lift, front is higher???

Old 03-16-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed a RC 2.5 susp lift as well. On RC's site, they do mention that the front sits higher for a more level stance compared to raked. My experience with the RC lift, you get what you pay for. Rough country = rough ride. I stiil have the RC coils, but replaced the RC 2.2 shocks with Bilstein 5100's, added a 3/4 inch poly coil spacer to rear, 1/2 steel spacer to front. I did have to put on rear track bar bracket, brake line extensions, sway bar discos, front adj track bar, and front lower control arms. Running 295/70/17's. Enjoy!Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02861.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	289868Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02859.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	289870
Old 03-16-2012, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by k0260
I installed a RC 2.5 susp lift as well. On RC's site, they do mention that the front sits higher for a more level stance compared to raked. My experience with the RC lift, you get what you pay for. Rough country = rough ride. I stiil have the RC coils, but replaced the RC 2.2 shocks with Bilstein 5100's, added a 3/4 inch poly coil spacer to rear, 1/2 steel spacer to front. I did have to put on rear track bar bracket, brake line extensions, sway bar discos, front adj track bar, and front lower control arms. Running 295/70/17's. Enjoy!Attachment 289868Attachment 289870
Nice jeep. Can I ask why you need the track bar and front lower control arms? Just trying to see what I need.

I drove my 07 jk with 3" coils for 2 years. No other parts just quick discos. No problems at all.

I have plenty of room for flex with my brakelines on the 2012, my steering is straight, and compared to my buddys teraflex 2.5, there is no noticable differance in ride quality. To be honest, I cant even tell the difference in ride quality from stock.

Last edited by JKBANDIT55; 03-16-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:04 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by justbandit55
Nice jeep. Can I ask why you need the track bar and front lower control arms? Just trying to see what I need.

I drove my 07 jk with 3" coils for 2 years. No other parts just quick discos. No problems at all.

I have plenty of room for flex with my brakelines on the 2012, my steering is straight, and compared to my buddys teraflex 2.5, there is no noticable differance in ride quality. To be honest, I cant even tell the difference in ride quality from stock.
Thanks. I added front adj track bar to re-center the axle, 3" put it out to right just a bit so the jeep was crabbing. Lower control arms are neccesary for lifts 3" and above to correct the caster angle=driveline angle, also helps reduce the 'flighty' touchy steering you get with 3"+ lifts. Also, you get better clearance with a aftermarket longer control arm. For a little extra ease, I added RC's dual steering stabilizer set up, works great.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by k0260
Thanks. I added front adj track bar to re-center the axle, 3" put it out to right just a bit so the jeep was crabbing. Lower control arms are neccesary for lifts 3" and above to correct the caster angle=driveline angle, also helps reduce the 'flighty' touchy steering you get with 3"+ lifts. Also, you get better clearance with a aftermarket longer control arm. For a little extra ease, I added RC's dual steering stabilizer set up, works great.
Nice. I got the dual stabilizer as well! I mean So far I havent noticed any difference in the lift from stock, but if I start to, Ill look at the control arms and trackbar! Thanks. I just need to get some quick Discos!

Thanks
Old 03-16-2012, 07:55 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by justbandit55
Nice. I got the dual stabilizer as well! I mean So far I havent noticed any difference in the lift from stock, but if I start to, Ill look at the control arms and trackbar! Thanks. I just need to get some quick Discos!

Thanks
sure thing. I'm using the RC discos up front that work pretty good. JKS links in the rear.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was looking at the AEV 2.5" lift kit and would probably goto 33" shortly afterwards...

it is my semi-daily drive and i'm not looking to do hardcore rubicon trail but do want to do a bunch of off road wheeling, just not at the boulder climbing level just yet.

matthew
Old 03-17-2012, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Just installed the new AEV 2.5 kit. Front with stock bumper is 3/4" higher than rear (also stock). This is on a 2012.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Renard
Just installed the new AEV 2.5 kit. Front with stock bumper is 3/4" higher than rear (also stock). This is on a 2012.
How hard was the install and could you post some pictures?

Matthew
Old 03-17-2012, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Renard
Yes Ive done some research and all lifts on the 2012 jeeps end up a little higher in the front. Im thinking its because of the smaller engine. I remember seeing somewhere on youtube that its 200 pounds lighter! I think of it as a good thing. No sag with a bumper. And if your not happy, 20 bucks for a pair of 3/4 inch spacers for the rear will do the trick! Should only take about 45 min to install!
Old 03-17-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

The AEV 2.5 being higher in the front than the rear makes no sense. This lift was specifically designed for the 2012 (and beyond) and I highly doubt AEV would have engineered their lift to look like a "pre-runner.". There is already a 1 inch front rake from the factory so that means AEV would have made their fromt springs 2 inches taller than the rear? That just doesnt make sense. No offense, but I'm not fond of the pre-runner look on a Jeep. Level-yes, nose-high, no.

Quick Reply: Installed lift, front is higher???