Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installed lift, front is higher???

Old 03-16-2012, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Justbandit....it looks like you are sitting perfect.....now you have room for a heavier duty bumper and a winch without any sag worries.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DesolationMania
Justbandit....it looks like you are sitting perfect.....now you have room for a heavier duty bumper and a winch without any sag worries.
Thanks!!! And yup, AEV front bumper soon hopefully!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by justbandit55
So I just installed my RC 2.5" coil lift. Love it so far, got plenty of clearance and is the exact hight I wanted. Ride great and installed it in 2 hours.

The only thing is, its a little higher up front.. Can you guys tell. The only thing I can think of is because its a 2012 and the front end is lighter due to the smaller engine. I netted a total lift of 3.25 in the front and 2 in the rear from stock.

Before

After

No more rake, looks good...
Old 03-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by justbandit55

Im just sayin, every RC thread on the forum has negative comments from you. But your right, you are entitled to say your opinions. No one cares about your negative bashing.
Apparently you do because your still talking about it....
Old 03-16-2012, 04:05 PM
JK Junkie

I have been thinking about lifting my new jk and have been thinking about the goal behind it and then the height...

Is it primarily for clearance in general or more for larger tire clearance?

I'm looking to do it for both but was curious what others use as the reason...

2.5 seems like a nice moderate height, just going for an inch doesn't seem like its worth the effort.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2.5" is a good Budget starting height. It rarely causes any problems to other parts of your jeep and you can make other mods as a result.

The jeep here looks great at this height!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
I have been thinking about lifting my new jk and have been thinking about the goal behind it and then the height...

2.5 seems like a nice moderate height, just going for an inch doesn't seem like its worth the effort.
2.5" inches is a good height as it allows clearance to run up to a 35' tire with minimal driveline and suspension modifications
Old 03-16-2012, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matthewd5

You can use the lift for whatever you want it for, Clearance, bigger tires, looks, more articulation, and just a more capable off road vehicle.

I used to run a 3" lift and 35s on my old 07 jk. I love this lift/tire combo. Its still good for your DD and it can still be vary capable for anything. Even some moderate to hard trails (depending on experiance)

Heres my old jeep

This next pic is 2" with 33s if you wanna go that route
Old 03-16-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Freak

Hey Matthew, Im still a noob but Ive done quite a bit of research. I went with a 2.5 BB with a 1" BL. If you go over 2.5 inches, the geometry of the driveshafts changes enough that you start putting pressure on the U joints, causing premature failure. A body lift won't affect it at all. So I think this is a very good start for someone like me just starting out. If you look at the diameter of the OEM driveshafts, well, there are just humongous. Going with an after market driveshaft in the 1310 range is a much better choice if you plan on going higher than 2.5 inches. Now you are talking in the range of about 500-600 bucks ( give or take), so all of this really starts to add up. I figure after I break these in around my house, save up for a long arm kit, driveshafts, 4.88's. I know I have a beginner's lift, but that's what i am.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine was a little higher in the front at first but after a month or so it leveled out.

Quick Reply: Installed lift, front is higher???