Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installed lift, front is higher???

Old 03-15-2012, 09:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya its growin on me. I mean I just threw the lift on 5 hours ago, It might even just be the spot I parked at in these pics.

But overall, Im really happy with the lift. Being a new jeep, no rusted bolts, everything went smooth. Even after disconecting the sway bar links, shocks, diff breather, and breakline brackets. I lowered the axle and it almost hit the gound, I didnt even have to push the axle down with force to get the springs out! Just a little push down on the install with the new coils. Crazy, cuz on my old 07, it was a pita to get the bolts off, and coils were soo hard to get out/in..

Love this 2012. But I really think its the lighter engine for the reason of the front being higher!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a side shot of mine w RK 2.5 lift, Rock Hard stubby, and winch. Front is 1/8 in lower than rear. Your front is definately higher from the pic.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrMadMunky
If anything once you get a winch and bumper it should sag a little.
He's dead on the money. I think these lifts took into consideration that a lot of people would be adding more steel up front, along with potentially a winch. Rather than have them sag, they chose to have them level after aftermarket (heavier) gear is added.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah take a look at this thread... you'll see they tend to be a little higher in the front on most of the RC Lifts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...st-your-pics..
Old 03-16-2012, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Seems higher like you say and also seems odd to me that it is. I suppose its true they suspect you will add weight to the front but I suspect it is also true they suspect you will add weight to the rear
Did you call the company to see what the deal is?
Old 03-16-2012, 05:01 AM
JK Newbie

A little higher in the front will give a little weight transfer to the rear. I have found over the years on trucks and SUV's (broncos, Scouts & CJ's) will go more places in 2wd and not have to rely on 4wd for every trail.
Think of this... in competition pulling they engineer the vehicles to transfer weight to the rear for more traction. Plus I think a little more lift on the front (1" to 1.5") looks good too. I hate the nose dive looks of stock JK's.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMadMunky
If anything once you get a winch and bumper it should sag a little.
Its going to sag anyways, even without a bumper and winch...
Old 03-16-2012, 01:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Its going to sag anyways, even without a bumper and winch...
Dude get outta here with all your negative comments on Rough Country. I swear every thread I see about RC you and three other dudes are the only ones complaining. Everyone else is more than happy with what they have.Ya writing your thoughts on rc once is enough. No one needs to hear your negative comments in every RC thread and most probably dont even care what you think. So keep your thoughts on RC to yourself...

Trash talk all you want about these lifts. But I know people who have had them for years with no problems.

Its like as soon as you see a thread about RC you go and write something negative. Drop it already.

And A Titans fan? Mad cuz Mannings coming to Denver??? Haha

Last edited by JKBANDIT55; 03-16-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by justbandit55

Dude get outta here with all your negative comments on Rough Country. I swear every thread I see about RC you and three other dudes are the only ones complaining. Everyone else is more than happy with what they have.Ya writing your thoughts on rc once is enough. No one needs to hear your negative comments in every RC thread and most probably dont even care what you think. So keep your thoughts on RC to yourself...

Trash talk all you want about these lifts. But I know people who have had them for years with no problems.

Its like as soon as you see a thread about RC you go and write something negative. Drop it already.

And A Titans fan? Mad cuz Mannings coming to Denver??? Haha
Lol. First of all, my comment about sagging referred to any lift in general. All lifts will settle some after the initial installation. It had nothing to do with RC. If you don't like what I have to say then don't read it. I am entitled to my opinions. Now put your pacifier back in...
Old 03-16-2012, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Lol. First of all, my comment about sagging referred to any lift in general. All lifts will settle some after the initial installation. It had nothing to do with RC. If you don't like what I have to say then don't read it. I am entitled to my opinions. Now put your pacifier back in...

Im just sayin, every RC thread on the forum has negative comments from you. But your right, you are entitled to say your opinions. No one cares about your negative bashing.

Quick Reply: Installed lift, front is higher???