Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installed Daystar upper dash panel, now compass doesnt seem to work?

Old 05-05-2013, 09:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Daystar upper dash panel, now compass doesnt seem to work?

So I got my Teraflex front spacer and my Daystar upper dash piece - thanks Northridge!!!!

Spacers went in fast and easy, didnt effect steering wheel, ride or anything else much, just made the Jeep look like it wasnt ashamed of its self. - perfect for now.

A week or so later I got a chance to put in the dash panel... swapped the compass module, snapped it in, looks great... take it for a spin to the store and notice that the compass always says "E". Got home, took everything apart, unplugged the compass module for the first time, dash still reads "E". Everything looks correct. So, I put it all back together and figured I would see if anyone else has had this issue.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the help guys!
-Ryan
Old 05-05-2013, 09:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you had the key on at any time that the module was unplugged then it has probably set a code and declared bad. If you have a programmer/code reader then you can probably reset it.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Try to disconnect ur battery for a few min if u don't have a code reader
Old 05-06-2013, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also take a look at the manual about recalibrating the compass. Mine did this also when I installed mine. Had to take it to a large parking lot and drive in a circle for it to calibrate. I forget the entire procedure but it is documented in the manual.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:00 AM
JK Newbie

X2 on recalibration. I had the same issue with mine and recalibration fixed it right up. Can't remember the exact procedure but it does involve driving in circles.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys... unfortunately I dont have the manual for my JK, I am sure its floating around the previous owners garage somewhere.

I will have to search for how to recalibrate

I did notice that while driving to work this morning that it did register different directions, just not the directions I was headed I.e. going North, reading West...

-Ryan
Old 05-06-2013, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

You might have put it in the wrong way.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lol. x2^^^ You just put it in upside down. Flip it and turn it, and that should do it.

Quick Reply: Installed Daystar upper dash panel, now compass doesnt seem to work?