Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installed a ARB intake manifold [PICS]

Old 12-22-2015, 08:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Installed a ARB intake manifold [PICS]

Im just making a new thread for those who may be interested in the ARB air intake manifold. I know there are plenty of install threads, so this is more for the mounting option.

This is a custom made bracket from a local shop called Dixie 4 Wheel Drive here in town. In my opinion is was a great mounting option for the manifold considering I have the SPOD as well, so that space on the MORE bracket is not available.

I had to switch around the mounting brackets to keep the manifold further away from the firewall as it was hitting the big wire running on top.

As for now because I'm too lazy to do so, I just threw on the 90 degree and the quick disconnect on the other side of the manifold. But I will be adding line to move the quick disconnect somewhere else or to a tank later on.

Anyways heres the pictures of how it looks. If you're interested in the bracket itself, I can go to the shop and see if they will ship. I think the bracket was $20.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neat. Looks good. It looks like it would even clear the Teraflex Vacuum Canister mount I have on mine.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SidewaysTA
Neat. Looks good. It looks like it would even clear the Teraflex Vacuum Canister mount I have on mine.

Thanks man.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure why you needed a custom bracket. The MORE mount, the sPod, and the ARB locker manifold will all fit where intended as the ARB and MORE instructions locate it, at the fender seam.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MRE-ARB07.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	632767

Last edited by kmrtnsn; 12-23-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
Not sure why you needed a custom bracket. The MORE mount, the sPod, and the ARB locker manifold will all fit where intended as the ARB and MORE instructions locate it, at the fender seam.

Attachment 632767
Well as you can see along my fender seam, the horn is there along with all the wires routed to the SPOD.

Plus I just watched the video on their website and it clearly says 07-11 for that fender bracket to mount the manifold too. They also say you can mount it directly to the firewall if the wire loom is not there, but with my bracket it still allows me to mount it towards the firewall with the wire loom still there.

Last edited by mhockey9090; 12-23-2015 at 05:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Installed a ARB intake manifold [PICS]