Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installed AEM Intake Today!

Old 03-12-2007, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
You didnt mention how loud the intake is at high rpms..
You must have missed my post above. Yes, it makes a big difference sound wise, especially at the higher RPM's, and a little difference powerwise (also most noticeable at higher RPM's).
Old 03-12-2007, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

what made you decide to go with the AEM as opposed to the Airaid?

i ask because today a guy i work with just about convinced me to go with Airaid. he wasn't praising the benefits of having it, but rather dismissing the worry i had about it; namely the oiled filter. i'm curious how other people came to their decision.

congrats on a job well done, btw.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by superboo
what made you decide to go with the AEM as opposed to the Airaid?
I was pretty much convinced that either the AEM or the Airaid would work well, so for me the final decision really came down to the one I liked the looks of best. I just don't like the black plastic intake tube that comes with the Airaid system. I think the polished aluminum looks a lot better. As some have pointed out, though, the Airaid does have a nicer looking heat shield than the AEM.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jckid
As some have pointed out, though, the Airaid does have a nicer looking heat shield than the AEM.
i fully agree that the AEM looks better. but the tube is narrower and the air shield is paltry in comparison to the Airaid. i'm really hoping that more options show up soon.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can you guys who own the CAI tell me what the heat shields are made of. The ones we sell for our bmw race cars are made of carbon fiber or fiberglass or high temp plastic. These materials let little heat from the engine transfer into the intake.

Metal shields tend to transfer heat.

Thats why Im asking.
Mike
Old 03-12-2007, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DBB888
Can you guys who own the CAI tell me what the heat shields are made of. The ones we sell for our bmw race cars are made of carbon fiber or fiberglass or high temp plastic. These materials let little heat from the engine transfer into the intake.

Thats why Im asking.
Mike
afaik, the airaid's is plastic. the aem's is made mostly of AIR as it's mostly non-existent :P
Old 03-12-2007, 05:56 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by DBB888

Thats why Im asking.
Mike
AEM is steel, and sturdy, Looks great... Sounds good.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

have there been any direct performance comparisons between the airaid and aem? also, are any other manufacturers talking about making any? AEV...K&N...?

Quick Reply: Installed AEM Intake Today!