Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installed AEM Intake Today!

Old 03-10-2007, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed AEM Intake Today!

Ok. So you're probably thinking--big deal--you installed a cold air intake--as if no one else here has done that! Well......the reason I'm so excited, is that I think I'm the first GIRL here on the forum to install an intake kit!

I ordered the intake kit with full intention of having my husband install it, but as I looked through the instructions, I thought, hey, I think I can install it myself. So that's just what I decided to do.

It was actually quite fun. Usually I am just the instruction reader and go-fer, while my husband does the work. This time he was the go-fer! I got to tell him which tool to hand to me for the next step! To be totally honest though, he actually helped with two things. He removed the IAT sensor from the stock intake tube, and he helped me get the coupler onto the throttle body. It took 1 1/2 hours to install.

I thought I'd post this to encourage other forum members, expecially the other Jeep girls, to give something like this a try. It's quite gratifying to stand back and admire the work you've done.

Here's a pic (sorry for the low quality). I went with the polished version of the intake.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AEM.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	948  
Old 03-10-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jckid
Ok. So you're probably thinking--big deal--you installed a cold air intake--as if no one else here has done that! Well......the reason I'm so excited, is that I think I'm the first GIRL here on the forum to install an intake kit!

I ordered the intake kit with full intention of having my husband install it, but as I looked through the instructions, I thought, hey, I think I can install it myself. So that's just what I decided to do.

It was actually quite fun. Usually I am just the instruction reader and go-fer, while my husband does the work. This time he was the go-fer! I got to tell him which tool to hand to me for the next step! To be totally honest though, he actually helped with two things. He removed the IAT sensor from the stock intake tube, and he helped me get the coupler onto the throttle body. It took 1 1/2 hours to install.

I thought I'd post this to encourage other forum members, expecially the other Jeep girls, to give something like this a try. It's quite gratifying to stand back and admire the work you've done.

Here's a pic (sorry for the low quality). I went with the polished version of the intake.
Nice job looks great.I'm hoping you will inspirer my wife to buy and install goodies on my jeep
Old 03-10-2007, 05:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by jckid

well congrats!!

My wife and I install all the goodies on our jeep(s) together, its bonding time for use.. Next step you two should be installing a nice lift....

were installing our AEM intake tommorrow....
Old 03-10-2007, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Default Sound

So do you like the new sound of it. And you are right the sensor was the hardest part of the swapping out the old intake.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good to see the ladies participating . Hope you enjoy the CAI. Gain any MPG out of it?

-Living Still
Old 03-10-2007, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

is it available in other colors?
Old 03-10-2007, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ponpeta
So do you like the new sound of it. And you are right the sensor was the hardest part of the swapping out the old intake.
I love the sound! I was surprised at how much difference it makes. It's very noticeable at the higher RPM's.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Living Still
Good to see the ladies participating . Hope you enjoy the CAI. Gain any MPG out of it?

-Living Still
Well, I just installed it today, so I have yet to see if it will make any difference in gas mileage. I did drive it around this afternoon. I probably got terrible gas mileage, because I was having such a ball stomping on the gas and listening to how cool it sounds with the intake on!
Old 03-10-2007, 06:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nader
is it available in other colors?
As far as I know, it comes in two finish options: powdercoated silver and polished aluminum.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:17 PM
JK Jedi Master

My wife and I installed ours today..

You didnt mention how loud the intake is at high rpms..

its awesome. you can hear air getting sucked in...

I was suprised, I could tell a little improvement in performance.

Quick Reply: Installed AEM Intake Today!