Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installed 2.5 Springs and New Shocks ... what now?

Old 06-17-2015, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed 2.5 Springs and New Shocks ... what now?

I looked at the front stock sway bar end links and they seem to be very short like its not allowing any articulation. Do I need to get one of those quick disconnect kits? The endlinks seems to be much longer on those.

What about the back links?
Old 06-17-2015, 11:30 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You want the swaybars to be roughly parallel to the frame. Short links, especially with longer shocks, will allow the swaybar to flop around backwards when the suspension is flexed. I doube you would enjoy the pretzel your links turn into, but it makes for a great photo-op - when it's someone elses...

Most kits of that height will supply new rear links, then you move the stock rear links to the front. If none came with the kit, then buy longer links, or adjustable links, for the rear. And either longer/adjustable, or disconnects for the front.

Assuming all you have is coils and shocks (?), also look at a rear trackbar bracket to center that axle. A front adjustable trackbar if you want to center that one. Longer bumpstops. Maybe longer brakelines or extension brackets. Maybe some form of caster correction.

Last edited by nthinuf; 06-17-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unlimited X i pieced my lift together as well
Old 06-18-2015, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

move the rears to the front and order new rears and that will save you a little money
Old 06-18-2015, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys, for now I did order some rear endlinks and then a rear track bar bracket. I'll take care of that first and then I'll look into castor correction on the front.

Quick Reply: Installed 2.5 Springs and New Shocks ... what now?