Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Install Winch AFTER Lod Mid Width Front Bumper?

Old 06-28-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bumper is held on by 8 bolts that attached at the ends of the front of the frame. You have to be able to get to those bolts and I can't see ho you would get to those with a winch in there.

The winch plate and bumper all attach with the same bolts, so they sort of go on at one time. Once that's tight, put the winch on and make sure you're satisfied with the battery line mounting, air hose mounting (my powerplant has an air intake hose), etc.

Then drop in the winch, attach it with four bolts from below and you're done. Depending on the winch line/ fairlead combo you have you may need to get tricky and unwind the winch cable, feed it thru the fairlead and reattach it to the drum.

But even your LoD midwidth with a hoop, you can drop the winch in last.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlameRed
The bumper is held on by 8 bolts that attached at the ends of the front of the frame. You have to be able to get to those bolts and I can't see ho you would get to those with a winch in there.

The winch plate and bumper all attach with the same bolts, so they sort of go on at one time. Once that's tight, put the winch on and make sure you're satisfied with the battery line mounting, air hose mounting (my powerplant has an air intake hose), etc.

Then drop in the winch, attach it with four bolts from below and you're done. Depending on the winch line/ fairlead combo you have you may need to get tricky and unwind the winch cable, feed it thru the fairlead and reattach it to the drum.

But even your LoD midwidth with a hoop, you can drop the winch in last.
Thank you very much!! That is what I needed to know. I really appreciate it!

Quick Reply: Install Winch AFTER Lod Mid Width Front Bumper?