Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Install time for Rugged Ridge bumper

Old 11-03-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DUUUDE! I would hate to see you pay someone to install a bumper!! I'm only an hour away. Just swing over here and I'll help you bolt it up. I have to install mine as well (I have the winch model).

Pizza, beer and bumpers... shoot me a PM

Scott
Old 11-03-2010, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SJJK
DUUUDE! I would hate to see you pay someone to install a bumper!! I'm only an hour away. Just swing over here and I'll help you bolt it up. I have to install mine as well (I have the winch model).

Pizza, beer and bumpers... shoot me a PM

Scott
Hell you cant beat an offer like that!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tgoods 09 X
Hell you cant beat an offer like that!
lol I can tell you but don't want to be a troll lol
Old 11-03-2010, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks

Thanks to all of you who responded. Sounds pretty unanimous. I feel stupid to have asked the question now. Will go ahead and order up and install myself. Will post pics when done. Thanks again.

This forum is great.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's a good question one that I was about to ask. I dont think I have four hours to do the install, I have a two yearold and a four yearold and a sometimes over stressed wife! lol

This might be a silly question is there a correct way to remove the old bumper??? It seems that is the hardest part so maybe with some insight there might be an easy way to do it??? I just have a basic tool set so I am wondering what would be the easiest way of doing this or how do you do it?

Thanks
This is an awesome site
Old 11-06-2010, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jjmmagoo
It's a good question one that I was about to ask. I dont think I have four hours to do the install, I have a two yearold and a four yearold and a sometimes over stressed wife! lol

This might be a silly question is there a correct way to remove the old bumper??? It seems that is the hardest part so maybe with some insight there might be an easy way to do it??? I just have a basic tool set so I am wondering what would be the easiest way of doing this or how do you do it?

Thanks
This is an awesome site
I have 3 kids all under 6. I am mechanic at all, with basic hand me down tools and just took off the stock bumper by simply loosening bolts, tearing off the plastic crap! I pit the RR bumper in leas than 2 hours. The hardest part was putting the Rubi foglights in but the newer versions are easier I hear. Go for it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2825635562.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	100454  
Old 11-06-2010, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjmmagoo

Thanks
This is an awesome site
No worries. I just ordered the bumper and should have it within the week. I'll take pictures during the install and show you. I also have a 4 year old, 6 year old, and stressed wife...so give a couple of weeks...it'll be on.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dxfiles
I did mine with my kid...took about 3 hours....its harder getting off the old one than putting on the new one....

It is a definite do it yourself(with a friend)

Joe
X2 or I used a floor jack to raise mine up onto frame ends(bumper w/ winch).
Old 11-07-2010, 04:07 AM
zjk
JK Newbie

Do it yourself & buy the storge end caps with the money you save
Old 11-08-2010, 07:17 AM
JK Junkie

Installed my RR winch bumper in my garage... had a little mishap with the utility knife while cutting one of the zip ties for the fog lights and ended up at Pottstown Memorial Hospital (know anyone that works there ) I ended up getting a dozen stitches in my finger but once I got home all bandaged up I finished the install in no time !!! Start to finish about 4 hours... (less the time at the hospital ). I would say let me know if you need any help but I'm sure you don't want a pool of blood on your garage floor... and neither do I.

Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Install time for Rugged Ridge bumper