Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Install time for OME 2.5" Lift

Old 01-22-2009, 12:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpine6
Install went perfect, except my screw up. Started at 7:30 and done @ 8:35. I had the front end done in 30 minutes by myself. Co-worker showed up @ 8 and helped me with the rear. Kit was super easy to install. To tips or tricks, follow WOL's write up (I didn't take the rear tires off gained about 5 minutes there). So my screw up... I bought this kit used from another member on here. I didn't see the front spacers in the bottom of the box until I took finished the front end all up. So, I'll have to tear it down again at some point. The rake isn't bad, but I'll want to fix. I'll post pics.

Stock my rubi was LOW with the 32's, I thought. I'm a fan of tire clearance, so I'll probably stick with the 32's until I need tires and then go with 33's. I don't see 35's fitting my Jeep with this lift, without some serious trimming and rubbing.

Thanks for the help. Any questions are welcomed. Also, I spent a good 45 minutes last night organizing tools and making sure I had everything. This is why I got the labor portion done in 1:15.

Matt
DANG! That's like NASCAR pit crew status for a JK lift!

I've waited longer that that for the dealer to change my oil (first 5 free, now I do my own oil)
Old 01-22-2009, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

ome lift 616 and 617 springs with nitrocharger shocks. We rotated my co-worker's tires today and he has 35's, so I sat one next to it. They'd fit but would rub like crazy offroad. I'm about to drive home, so I'll report back how I like it tonight.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

Ride home was great! Ride quality, I feel, is equal to stock Rubicon, which I think is really good. Handles country roads and curvey roads very well. Happy with this kit for a daily driver/part time wheeler. Looking more at, definitely needs 33's, but can wait.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

thank you for the update.

& you had time to update your sig

pics?
Old 01-22-2009, 02:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sdhexpert
I would guess closer to 2-3 instead of 1-2, (took me 3-4, but then I had track bars and I'm old, fat and slow)
Originally Posted by m(a)ce
thank you for the update.

& you had time to update your sig

pics?
Tomorrow and expect a good hour of red X's. I do love the yellow OME shocks with my Yellow Jeep too.

Quick Reply: Install time for OME 2.5" Lift