Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Install time for OME 2.5" Lift

Old 01-21-2009, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install time for OME 2.5" Lift

Read through WOL's write (awesome!). I'm hoping to get to work early tomorrow morn and knock this thing out in a few hours.

1-2 hours reasonable for front and back with average mechanical skills and air tools & jack stands? I've installed many lift and lowering kits, but always like to get a little extra feedback. Anything to look for not mentioned on WOL's write up? He said about 2 hours, just checking though! Jeep is brand new, so no rusty bolts or bunged up thread (unless Chrysler did it).

Thanks and I'll post some pics!
Old 01-21-2009, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alpine6
Read through WOL's write (awesome!). I'm hoping to get to work early tomorrow morn and knock this thing out in a few hours.

1-2 hours reasonable for front and back with average mechanical skills and air tools & jack stands? I've installed many lift and lowering kits, but always like to get a little extra feedback. Anything to look for not mentioned on WOL's write up? He said about 2 hours, just checking though! Jeep is brand new, so no rusty bolts or bunged up thread (unless Chrysler did it).

Thanks and I'll post some pics!
I would guess closer to 2-3 instead of 1-2, (took me 3-4, but then I had track bars and I'm old, fat and slow)
Old 01-21-2009, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

I'm installing JKS trackbars (Front and rear) as well. Are those a pain? I'm going to pull the ole Jeep into the garage and scope it.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:54 PM
JK Freak

3-4 is going to be reasonable if you take your time and do it well. Next time around you'll be looking closer to the 2hr range.

I've done spacer to spring swaps in less than 90 minutes. Shocks although easy take about 30-45 min for the complete set. (I'm actually doing a set tonite)
Old 01-21-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

I'll click the stop watch when I start. And if I go over 4 hours, you guys won't know about it . Just soaked the shock bolts and loaded up the tools. Hoping I have a 21 mm socket at work for the track bars. Thanks for the input and I'll report back tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

It took me about 3 hours, and spring compressors are a big help.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Super Freak

keep us posted!

you adding anything extra apart from trackbars? (link swap? control arms?)

what size tires are you planning on running?
Old 01-21-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

took us bout 3-4 hours
Old 01-22-2009, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

Install went perfect, except my screw up. Started at 7:30 and done @ 8:35. I had the front end done in 30 minutes by myself. Co-worker showed up @ 8 and helped me with the rear. Kit was super easy to install. To tips or tricks, follow WOL's write up (I didn't take the rear tires off gained about 5 minutes there). So my screw up... I bought this kit used from another member on here. I didn't see the front spacers in the bottom of the box until I took finished the front end all up. So, I'll have to tear it down again at some point. The rake isn't bad, but I'll want to fix. I'll post pics.

Stock my rubi was LOW with the 32's, I thought. I'm a fan of tire clearance, so I'll probably stick with the 32's until I need tires and then go with 33's. I don't see 35's fitting my Jeep with this lift, without some serious trimming and rubbing.

Thanks for the help. Any questions are welcomed. Also, I spent a good 45 minutes last night organizing tools and making sure I had everything. This is why I got the labor portion done in 1:15.

Matt
Old 01-22-2009, 08:41 AM
JK Super Freak

When I first read you started @7:30 and ended after 8, I thought 13 hours ...
what went wrong!?!

anywho. congrats on your speedy lift! makes me think it would be bearable in the cold before spring arrives

can't wait to see your photos & hear about your ride report

question: what F+R springs did you install? (curious about 35s not looking like they'll fit)

Quick Reply: Install time for OME 2.5" Lift