Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Install for teraflex level kit 1155200

Old 03-31-2014, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install for teraflex level kit 1155200

I really dont know a lot about auto mechanics but i would like to install this leveling kit and i am wondering if anyone has done this who doest have a lot of mechanic knowledge and could tell me if its as easy as it seems.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've never done the Teraflex kit but I've done or assisted in doing several other leveling / lift kits and can say its a pretty straight forward thing, follow the instructions and you shouldn't have any problems doing it
Old 03-31-2014, 05:49 AM
JK Freak

its a pretty easy / straight forward install - you'll need jack stands & at least one floor jack.

Put the Jeep on jack stands, use the floor jack to raise the axle, once you have the necessary components loose (shock & don't forget the brake line brackets), lower the axle enough to get the spring out & then put the pucks in place & replace the spring.

I needed a good size pri-bar to help get the spring in & out.

even if you go slow, it shouldn't take you more than 30-45 minutes per axle
Old 03-31-2014, 07:04 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixC0OzIF5Go Here is our install video for it. Feel free to call us with any questions that you might have.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any torque specs on putting it all back together?
Old 04-01-2014, 11:03 AM
JK Junkie

Remember to loosen all control arm and TB bolts. Install coils/spacer. Shake jeep around with tires back on at the new height. Lastly torque.http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...orque-settings
I like using a paint Pen across the bolt/nut head to
Old 04-01-2014, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Remember to loosen all control arm and TB bolts. Install coils/spacer. Shake jeep around with tires back on at the new height. Lastly torque.Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Jeep JK Wrangler Torque Settings
I like using a paint Pen across the bolt/nut head to
Awesome, thanks!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just finished installing this kit. The video and link to torque specs were very helpful. Thanks. The video was a little off as the statement about front brake line bracket removal only applying to 2012 and later was not accurate. My 2011 looked just like the one in the video and I had to remove that bracket. Good thing I stumbled on to this thread a few days ago and watched the video as the printed instructions included with the kit missed several steps. I probably would have overlooked the removal of the emergency brake line bracket and would be out there right now trying to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Install for teraflex level kit 1155200