Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Install question for rough country 2.5" coil lift

Old 02-07-2012, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffparcel
Im puttin this kit on my JKU later this week, good to know about the skid plate (first i had heard about that). placing the stands next to the control arms on the frame is what ive heard. But, im using a professional lift on a military base (Woot woot). I contacted RC and they have been no help so far, Old Man Emu has been the most help, along with this forum.

"Jack'em UP"
I have this lift. I also removed the skid, and everything else that attaches yo the axles(brake lines, vent hoses, parking brake cables, wiring for the lockers, etc).
Loosen all control arm and tracbar bolts.
Put the jackstands near the control arms, removed the tires and let the axles drop.
If your kit didn't come with extended swaybar links, you will need them for the rear. Just move the current rear links to the front. For a 2.5" lift, the rear are the correct length for the front.
There's more, but typing is killing my arthritis right now, sorry.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimk403
I have this lift. I also removed the skid, and everything else that attaches yo the axles(brake lines, vent hoses, parking brake cables, wiring for the lockers, etc).
Loosen all control arm and tracbar bolts.
Put the jackstands near the control arms, removed the tires and let the axles drop.
If your kit didn't come with extended swaybar links, you will need them for the rear. Just move the current rear links to the front. For a 2.5" lift, the rear are the correct length for the front.
There's more, but typing is killing my arthritis right now, sorry.
Thanks for the help. I installed the kit, with front and rear trac-bar relocation brackets (it took me about 2 hours to figure out that the rear relo bracket went on the passenger side. I got it realigned, and it is doing ok, just having a problem with bump steer. I've heard two remedies: drop pitman arm, and dual steering stabilizer. I would do both but I cant find a drop pitman arm for any size lift under 3.5". Is yours giving you any trouble in this area?

Quick Reply: Install question for rough country 2.5" coil lift