Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Install Arms opinion

Old 02-25-2010, 04:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install Arms opinion

looking for some opinions and answers

Putting on some TeraFlex front LCA's with the 4.5"coil lift I have, should I still start at 23" or should i maybe go 23 1/4?

Next question is there any "harm" in putting my Clayton rear LCA's on aswell? I know Ideally they should be rear uppers going on.....but this is what I have at the moment. so what I am asking is it okay To mix arms like this and will the rear lowers do anything for me or should I just leave them off?
Old 02-25-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could go 23 1/4, see if you get any driveshaft vibes or ds sqauwl, then back off, might wanna start at 23 1/8in. Rear lowers will be ok , but... if you try to use them to adjust your rear pinion angle, you will effectively reduce your wheel base even more after the lift."edit added" no it won't hurt to install those arms. Just set them to stock length if your still running the stock driveshaft and in the future when you get a double carden shaft, just get the uppers and you'll be able to adjust your pinion and your wheel base.

Last edited by mkjeep; 02-25-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what I am looking for guys cool.thanks

Quick Reply: Install Arms opinion