Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Input on this lift kit

Old 09-12-2014, 02:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input on this lift kit

Looking for feedback from anyone who is using the Rough Country 3.5" lift kit. Pro's/ cons. Thanks in advance.

3.5in Suspension Lift Kit for 07-15 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited [609S] | Rough Country Suspension Systems
Old 09-12-2014, 03:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The old adage you get what you pay for seems to ring true with that product.
There have been many post on here from guys that bought that kit and have had
Many issues. ie, mainly with steering, lack of components to correct . Do your
Research, good luck...
Old 09-12-2014, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've read about the "sagging spring" issues, but wanted to know if it was a consistant issue with RC or if it was just a few bad springs. I've never talked directly to anyone using the RC lift, which is why I am asking. I'm curious to know if the RE 3.5" lift is worth the ~$400 price difference. I definitely understand the "you get what you pay for" concept. Thanks for the feedback though.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't waste your money with that kit because trust me you will end up replacing every single piece down the road. Rough Country makes the most half ass kits every put together. The drop track bar brackets that bolt on frame side will eventually brake your track bar bracket right off the frame. The control arm bushing will be worn out faster than u can say install and ect... If i were you i would save up and buy a higher quality lift.

Last edited by GreatWhite JK; 09-12-2014 at 03:43 AM.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreatWhite JK
Don't waste your money with that kit because trust me you will end up replacing every single piece down the road. Rough Country makes the most half ass kits every put together. The drop track bar brackets that bolt on frame side will eventually brake your track bar bracket right off the frame. The control arm bushing will be worn out faster than u can say install and ect... If i were you i would save up and buy a higher quality lift.
Right on. Those points are good to know. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:55 AM
JK Newbie

I just got rid of a RC lift. Their springs are terrible, do not be lured by the discount price. I went to an OME 2 " heavy which yielded over 3 " on my unlimited. Paired with Rancho 9000's it rides like a dream. The RC springs were so soft that I had no stability riding down the hwy. it would lunge one way to the other and even the Rancho's set to the stiffest setting would not help. Spend a few bucks more up front, avoid RC kits.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Miran98
I just got rid of a RC lift. Their springs are terrible, do not be lured by the discount price. I went to an OME 2 " heavy which yielded over 3 " on my unlimited. Paired with Rancho 9000's it rides like a dream. The RC springs were so soft that I had no stability riding down the hwy. it would lunge one way to the other and even the Rancho's set to the stiffest setting would not help. Spend a few bucks more up front, avoid RC kits.
Thanks. That's exactly why I posted this, so I can get real feedback from anyone that has used RC lift kits. Again, thank you.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's Junk! It rides rough "no pun intended", wears out quickly and isn't worth it. You will be replacing parts in 40k mi.

I had 45k miles on my 4" kit and the springs all settled to different heights, the shocks were shot and bushings were all shot.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:41 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

It would be the worst $500 you spent on your jeep.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:51 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3812036028.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	575388  

Quick Reply: Input on this lift kit