Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Input on begining my Jeep expedition theme

Old 01-20-2012, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That's what I am talking about!

First off I want to say thank you to everyone for responding...lol...in a way this is becoming like those t.v. shows where the audience chooses what the hosts do....you decide how to modify my Jeep! Anyway, since I am a newbie still I plan on going through Europe and want to discover trails that my wife and I can experience (nothing to advanced yet...) but you are all right as far as the roof rack I am going with option #2 per the audience and could not be happier! The snorkel from AEV looks great and I am just worried about the poor design for the stock JK air intake system. However, I am looking at getting the river raider (Hummer H1) style but now since some mentioned to forgo the snorkel it would free up $500 for perhaps...tube fenders anyone? Keep the ideas flowing and I am going to post the progress as I go....
Old 01-20-2012, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious...is there a practical reason for moving the spare tire to the roof?
Old 01-20-2012, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Default Movement of spare tire

Yeah for me my wife is the reason...5ft tall and 120 lbs...she uses the rear hatch daily and the stock Rubicon tire/wheel feel really heavy for her...so I used it as an excuse for possible roof rack...but not anymore
Old 01-20-2012, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

^^^ on the #2 option. You'll be happier!

Quick Reply: Input on begining my Jeep expedition theme