Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Inner fender liners - solid or vented?

Old 10-01-2016, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
I guess it depends on where you live. When I wheel, sometimes I stop so I don't overheat. Running it hard in the dunes in 4wd will definitely heat things up pretty quick. Id go with vented if it were mine.
I bet the dunes would heat it up a lot!

But then the other side--would you want to kick sand up into the engine bay?
Old 10-01-2016, 08:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arjeeper
I bet the dunes would heat it up a lot!

But then the other side--would you want to kick sand up into the engine bay?
Yeah very true. I found 2 inches of sand in my rear corner panel when I took out the tail light.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:50 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crawler Conceptz Front Inner Fender Liners

Hey guys, our inner fenders were the first full inner fender replacement that's bolts together as once piece. They come vented with or without our star CC logo. I have been running them for quite some time and have had, nor have I heard of any over heating issues due to installing our liners. On the HWY or on the Trail. Not only do they replace the factory liners they also offer a little more clearance the the OEM plastics. Please click on the link below. Call in to order don't forget to mention JK-Forum for a discount. Also check out our matching rear inner liners.

Ultimate Series JK Aluminum Front Inner Fender Kit

They ship raw and are designed to bolt up with only drilling a few small holes.
For guys running coil overs these liners ship raw so you can trim them for almost any application.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8JMVFgBqqI
Old 10-03-2016, 04:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mdash
I did the Poison Spyder solid inner fender liners. Mostly to keep mud and water out of the engine bay. I hate the smell of mud/water burning on the exhaust. I also believe proper air flow through the engine bay is important. I did the PS hood vent figuring heat rises so in theory the air goes through the radiator, then out the hood.
I ordered the PS non-vented inner liners today

Do you have the Poison Spyder flat fenders as well?

How did the install go?

Last dumb question, powder coat, regular or textured? I'm thinking just the plan black, maybe the higher temp powder?

Matthew
Old 10-04-2016, 02:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
I ordered the PS non-vented inner liners today

Do you have the Poison Spyder flat fenders as well?

How did the install go?

Last dumb question, powder coat, regular or textured? I'm thinking just the plan black, maybe the higher temp powder?

Matthew
I have the stock fenders just cut extremely narrow. The install is super easy. I did trim my tub in the very front because with the stock fenders it looked a little goofy. The inner liner is supposed to tuck under their flares, but since I don't have their flares, it fit funny in the front. Here's a picture of how the inner fender sat before and after I did a little trimming. It turned out pretty nice in my opinion. Also, I opted to paint my inner liners. I painted all my bumpers, sliders, inner liners, etc with Duplicolor TR250 Truck bedliner paint. It's fairly durable and touch up work blends really nice.

Here's another picture a little further away. It's hard to find a good shot since they're painted black, but covered in mud they are visible. LOL!!

Last edited by mdash; 10-04-2016 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Life's ruff, get a dog.

Quick Reply: Inner fender liners - solid or vented?