Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Improved Ride Quality

Old 03-16-2012, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Improved Ride Quality

I recently traded in my 2010 JKU for a 2012 Rubicon. I kept my Teraflex 2.5 coil lift with Teraflex shocks, Front adjustable LCA's, front/rear adjustable track bars and steering stabilizer from my 2010 and am contemplating using in on my 2012.

I'm also considering selling it and going with the new AEV 2.5 system with hopes of an overall improved softer ride.

Could I expect better overall ride quality from the AEV 2.5 kit with the LCA brackets and adjustable track bars or would I be better off running my Teraflex and upgrading to a better overall quality shock absorber?

I'm unsure as to what exactly affects ride quality the most, spring or shocks.... or the combination of both.

Any input would be great.

Thanks
Old 03-16-2012, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

I can't speak for TF as I've never owned any of their products, but I can speak for AEV and their quality! I have their 3.5" SC kit and absolutely love it for what I do... (80% street, 20% offroad)... Sharp handling, soft yet responsive ride, and it rides much smoother than stock...

So will you get a smoother ride with AEV probably, but TF is a little beefier if you plan on slamming around on rocks a lot...

But for what I do, AEV was the right choice for me!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump for more information

Quick Reply: Improved Ride Quality