Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Impact Tools for Lift Install

Old 02-23-2009, 03:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi micja,

Originally Posted by micja
Just completing the same lift this weekend, i would say you don't need an impact. It can make the job easier but i did not use the I have for the install. I did use an air ratchet though after breaking the bolts loose with a breaker bar. I did find that on the passenger side track bar it was easier to use a 6 in extension and moving the axle up and down to line up a straight shot. You will see what i mean when you get to that point. Everything else went good except the rear spring retainers... these things will teach a guy to cus like a sailor. Work great once in though. best of luck to you and i know you will really like the kit.
It sounds like you are happy with the kit. That's great to hear!

Just to make sure I am prepared.... were you refering to the front or rear track bar? Any information you can provide should take any guess work out of the install.

Thanks

Jeff
Old 02-23-2009, 03:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There IS a difference between swivels and universals, but they perform the same function, so it's not worth arguing about. The most important number ONE thing to remember when doing suspension work is be SURE to make ALL your final torquing with the full weight of the Jeep ON the suspension.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RedneckJeep - Great Point

Hi RedneckJeep,

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
There IS a difference between swivels and universals, but they perform the same function, so it's not worth arguing about. The most important number ONE thing to remember when doing suspension work is be SURE to make ALL your final torquing with the full weight of the Jeep ON the suspension.
That's great information. It is probably something that gets overlooked often. I haven't printed out wayoflife's write-up yet; but, I do plan to follow all of the recommendations such as yours. I'd rather take my time and do this right, even if it means waiting a few weeks to make sure I have all of the information available.

BTW... I'm not arguing about the universals, I'm just curious what the swivel universal does that the ordinary universal can't do.

Take Care

Jeff
Old 02-23-2009, 06:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff09
BTW... I'm not arguing about the universals, I'm just curious what the swivel universal does that the ordinary universal can't do.
Take CareJeff
I didn't think you were......I just said that because they do perform the same function, even though they are somewhat different. I prefer the swivel over the universal, but there are times when a swivel is too big to get where a universal will go, so they both have their merits.

Quick Reply: Impact Tools for Lift Install