Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Im gonna get flamed for this but I have a DW guestion

Old 03-31-2010, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im gonna get flamed for this but I have a DW guestion

So I have done many searches on this and even did all the fixes with no improvements.My jeep DWed a few times before the lift but since the lift it does it more often (all the time).I took the track bar off and checked the bushings and bolt holes for wallowing found everything in good order. Then I took the upper and lower control arms loose shook the jeep from side to side to un bind anything that might be bound.then tightened it all back down to specs.I followed a post from this fourm https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...n+death+wobble I still have the problem.My question is I think my steering stabilizer is bad. but as i read wveryone says it wont fix it either.I need help what next.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:09 PM
JK Junkie

Real simple, take off your stabilizer. If you still have death wobble then that wasn't it and you can easily drive without one. In fact, removing the stabilizer is a really good way to unmask what the actual issue is.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

I too would doubt it is the stabilizer but pull it off and see. If you can, try starting the jeep and while parked have someone crank the wheel back and forth while you watch everything under there. Look for things moving that shouldn't be. On my dodge truck when I did this there was one bushing that was worn and there would be a little movement there before everything else started moving.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by duneslider
I too would doubt it is the stabilizer but pull it off and see. If you can, try starting the jeep and while parked have someone crank the wheel back and forth while you watch everything under there. Look for things moving that shouldn't be. On my dodge truck when I did this there was one bushing that was worn and there would be a little movement there before everything else started moving.
This is a better idea than what i was going to say so x2
Old 03-31-2010, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

Just curious, any idea what your caster is? I wonder if your caster is/has been bad from the beginning. Since it got worse with the lift I wonder if you need control arms to bring caster back to correct. I have heard mention that poor caster can contribute to DW.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it did it before the lift, why didn't you bring it in for inspection/service? Putting a lift on something that already had issues is not a good idea. Sorry. Maybe return to stock and bring it in?

Quick Reply: Im gonna get flamed for this but I have a DW guestion