Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

If you want to use LOD rock sliders with long arm kit....please read!

Old 07-15-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you want to use LOD rock sliders with long arm kit....please read!

I am in the final stages of my re-build and bolting up the LOD sliders was one of the last things to do. I have a BDS 5.5" LA kit installed. The rear bracket for the front lower control arm is bolted up exactly where the LOD rock sliders are supposed to go. I called LOD and they said to cut off the bracket and weld it back on to fit behind the LCA bracket. This causes drilling, but you have to drill to install these sliders anyway.

I wish they would have put some kind of warning before I bought them, but oh well. They still look great and the quality is top notch. So, if you are considering these sliders and have a LA kit you might have to modify the mounting brackets to make them work. Hope this info helps someone.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:04 PM
JK Freak

I think it would be very hard for them to check the fit of the sliders with every Long arm kit on the market.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scemracing
I think it would be very hard for them to check the fit of the sliders with every Long arm kit on the market.
I'm sure. I just wish they had a disclaimer on them. When I ordered they asked what I was running and they said it would bolt on with drilling. Just wanted to pass along the info in case someone else might run into this prob.

Quick Reply: If you want to use LOD rock sliders with long arm kit....please read!