Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

If you have installed a TF 2.5 Coil lift please chime in.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed a difference on highway speeds where when you hit a bump the jeep would bounce or jar. One way to know is when you are installing the lift and reconnecting the stock front trackbar and it's away from the bolt hole a lot. Also you can do the do it yourself step by step alignment measurement to see if the front end is not equal on both sides of the Jerp or it's dog legging.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 09bbjk
Its a great lift and super easy to install. The only thing I would reccomend is renting or borrowing if you don't already have some strut spring compressors. The only thing that I cannot comment on is the track bar bracket I installed an adjustable in the front and rear which made it that much easier. Well good luck.
x2...That is exactly how I did it...4 years ago! It has been great and so has support from Teraflex! A rear shock started to leak a month ago...they sent me a new one, no charge....can't ask for more!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dubyas-eep
well I will use this as a check list of what i need to disconnect, but I have some pretty tall jackstands and I will be taking wheels off.

now for the trackbar, is this necessary what will I notice if I dont change it out? If I ask for another $1 my wife is going to divorce me, thats why I am installing this.
Since you have a Rubicon, you also need to disconnect the wires going into the differentials that power the lockers. The kit comes with a trackbar bracket for the rear, but your front won't be effected as much. I recommend installing the TF kit, get an alignment (toe adjustment) and then drive it around for a bit before deciding on a front trackbar. Most likely you will not need it.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got through installing my 2.5" TF coil lift last weekend. Don't fight the passenger side front spring, don't worry about getting a spring compressor. Take off the drag link and tie rod from the knuckle ( take off the nut from each, then strike the knuckle with a hammer right where they install and they will pop right out, takes all of 2 minutes if that, mine was less because I used my air impact to remove the nuts). With those out of the way the spring is just as easy as the driver's side.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan L
The kit comes with a trackbar bracket for the rear, but your front won't be effected as much. I recommend installing the TF kit, get an alignment (toe adjustment) and then drive it around for a bit before deciding on a front trackbar. Most likely you will not need it.
I recommend do the alignment yourself and follow the step by step procedure that is posted here on the forum. Why waste the money towards an alignment. That way like I stated eariler in a post if your front end is shifted over you will know that you need a front trackbar to align it. If the alignment is off It's totally drivable without installing a front trackbar,but at freeway speeds it's touchy.

Last edited by snopro269; 04-28-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did the back today with TIE1ON and took us around 3hrs and now have a jacked up jeep. We had to stop so I could clean the barn and do some IT work for my boss. I will say the rear was easy, we took our time and really had no snags. will take care of front tonight or tomorrow. I did rent a spring compressor but it stayed warm in the case, didnt need it.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:34 PM
JK Freak

I installed a TF 2.5 coil lift and changed all control arms fr/rr up & lower. I used my own settings as TF are for 3" and above. My jeep drives very well, not too much different, although it goes better over the bumps.

I also installed a TF heavy duty adjustable trackbar in the front. Actually for the TF 2.5coil lift the adjustable trackbar is too long (cannot shorten enough) I had to cut off (sawn) 1/2 inch to centralize my axel properly, anybody else shortened it's adjustable trackbar in the front?

Cheers mark
Old 05-01-2011, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FireTrail741
You forgot about losening all of your control arms and track bars and re-torqueing them. Otherwise they may bind up.
I did mention the trackbar, and there's no need to loosen the control arms. They are free to move, naturally. I don't know why TF mentions to loosen them.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan L
I did mention the trackbar, and there's no need to loosen the control arms. They are free to move, naturally. I don't know why TF mentions to loosen them.
You loosen them because the rubber bushings are molded to the inner sleave. When you lift the jeep, this causes them to be in a loaded condition at ride height. You want to loosen then re-torque them at ride height so the bushing relaxes. If you don't do this, you can cause the suspension to act flighty and even contribute to a DW condition.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great lift ...

Just take you time and follow Teraflex's instructions.

Quick Reply: If you have installed a TF 2.5 Coil lift please chime in.