Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

If you have installed a TF 2.5 Coil lift please chime in.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok wish we luck will be getting this done this friday
Old 04-27-2011, 05:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Biginboca
I'm curious why they made the change, because of the installation issues sometimes reported or because the axle bracket is functionally better?
I had a lot of trouble with the frame mounted bracket and so have others.. Had to dremel down the shoulders, template did not line up... probably added 2-3 hours to install.. Your in better shape with the axle mounted!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

You don't even have to take your wheels off to install this lift. It's much safer to let the Jeep support it's own weight and jack up the frame one corner at a time to pull the spring out.

There's really only 3 steps...

1) Get under Jeep, remove shocks, remove sway bar links, disconnect front and rear diff. breather hoses, remove rear emergency brake bracket, disconnect front and rear brake line brackets, pop out front and rear plastic ABS wire clips, disconnect one end of each trackbar.

2) Choose a corner and jack up the frame high enough to where spring becomes lose. Replace with TF spring. Repeat for all corners.

3) Reinstall new shocks, sway bar links, reconnect front and rear diff. breather hoses, front and rear brake line brackets, push in front and rear plastic ABS wire clips, reconnect end of each trackbar.

See, three steps.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan L
You don't even have to take your wheels off to install this lift. It's much safer to let the Jeep support it's own weight and jack up the frame one corner at a time to pull the spring out.

1) Get under Jeep, remove shocks, remove sway bar links, disconnect front and rear diff. breather hoses, remove rear emergency brake bracket, disconnect front and rear brake line brackets, pop out front and rear plastic ABS wire clips, disconnect one end of each trackbar.

2) Choose a corner and jack up the frame high enough to where spring becomes lose. Replace with TF spring. Repeat for all corners.

3) Reinstall new shocks, sway bar links, reconnect front and rear diff. breather hoses, front and rear brake line brackets, push in front and rear plastic ABS wire clips, reconnect end of each trackbar.

See, three steps.
more power to anyone who can do this without taking the wheels off.. I just don't see how this would be better
Old 04-27-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

See, three steps.
Sounds easy enough, I'm afraid this method would give me more opportunities to screw things up.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by banx
Sounds easy enough, I'm afraid this method would give me more opportunities to screw things up.
and the safety factor of woking without jack stands..
Old 04-27-2011, 06:28 PM
JK Super Freak

I totally recommend purchasing a front trackbar!! It drives alot better than without one. I wish I would if installed one a long time ago!!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Deere_Jeep
and the safety factor of woking without jack stands..
I definitely still used jackstands, but only under the frame since the axles are supported by the wheels.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:14 PM
JK Super Freak

I did the redneck way! I used my 35s under the jeep and a set of treated 4x4s I had laying around- Not recommended but it was the only thing I had!!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

See, three steps.
well I will use this as a check list of what i need to disconnect, but I have some pretty tall jackstands and I will be taking wheels off.

now for the trackbar, is this necessary what will I notice if I dont change it out? If I ask for another $1 my wife is going to divorce me, thats why I am installing this.

Quick Reply: If you have installed a TF 2.5 Coil lift please chime in.