Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

If you have installed a TF 2.5 Coil lift please chime in.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by speed2005
Watch the video. The drill for a bracket. :(
I figured it was in the video, but wasn't about ready to sit through a 13 minute video to get that question answered. But, I've already figured out why I didn't need to drill.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't use the rear trackbar bracket diagram to line up the hole. Just eye it.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Watch the video. The drill for a bracket. :(
That's for the rear #1954202 trackbar bracket. You can always skip installing it or install the new #1954776 axle mounted trackbar bracket.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

I just installed this lift this week, and I had literally no experience doing anything like this.

From a newb's point of view.. Spring compressors aren't needed if you loosen all the control arms beforehand (which you should), and you watch all the hoses/lines going to each axle. If the jeep is high enough on stands and everything is loose, the springs go in very easy. I did remove the brake line/abs bracket on the front axle down by the lower shock mount to allow it to droop low enough, reinstalled it before bolting back up the lower shock bolt.

A little grease on the bumpstops in the front and a bottle jack made quick work of those..

The track bar bracket which I did install (for now), was off by just a hair. I used a dremel ever so slightly to get the small bolt in, while the big bolts lined up just fine. I'm satisfied with it for now.

Good luck, the lift rides great, the steering on the other hand needs some tweaking, but I expected that.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

didn't know you could just skip the bracket....what's the difference between having it and not? i put mine on after alot of frustration from drilling the hole a tiny bit off.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't install the rear trackbar bracket and everything has been fine. The rear is only off-center by about 3/8". You can only tell if you measure.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default TeraFlex 2.5 coil lift for 18+ months

I've had teh TeraFlex 2.5 spring and shock lift since Nov 2009. Installed with 35x12.5 Mickey Thompson MTZ on stock Rubicon wheels with Spidertrax wheel spacers.
The lift is generally good. I would suggest going with a softer shock than the TeraFlex 9550 unless you run at fully loaded capacity with 1500 lbs of cargo. The springs allow significantly more flex, and I do recommend getting a set of brake line hose extensions because with these springs on a Rubicon with swaybar disconnected you can easily kink the stock hose lines.
On the street and gravel trails it handles great and does not wallow at all.

I developed a bit of Death Wobble in January 2011, and got all 4 wheels rebalanced greatly improved it, but not 100%. I am thinking about the Heavy Duty trackbar next.
Admittedly, I drive it like I stole it - so your mileage may vary.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
That's for the rear #1954202 trackbar bracket. You can always skip installing it or install the new #1954776 axle mounted trackbar bracket.
So do you offer a non drill 2.5 spring kit with shocks? I don’t know much about lifts but want to make sure I do it right. I don’t want to drill in my suspension
Old 04-08-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

So do you offer a non drill 2.5 spring kit with shocks? I don’t know much about lifts but want to make sure I do it right. I don’t want to drill in my suspension
The latest (current) kit comes with the axle side bracket. No drilling.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JTURBO
The latest (current) kit comes with the axle side bracket. No drilling.
I'm curious why they made the change, because of the installation issues sometimes reported or because the axle bracket is functionally better?

Quick Reply: If you have installed a TF 2.5 Coil lift please chime in.