Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

If you have installed a TF 2.5 Coil lift please chime in.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same video... Just replacing the new coils without the spacers...even easier
Old 04-07-2011, 09:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bearstylez
Same video... Just replacing the new coils without the spacers...even easier

You have to drill even for the 2.5inch lift kit?
I don't want to drill my Jeep
Old 04-07-2011, 11:58 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by speed2005
You have to drill even for the 2.5inch lift kit?
I don't want to drill my Jeep
I don't remember drilling anything.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:05 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

As others have said, spring compressors are a pain. And they are dangerous. Loosen up everything, keep a special eye on the ABS lines, brake lines and emergency brake line, have a jack to push on the opposite side of the axle and a friend to help move and muscle the axle and spring into place, and you won't need them.

Also, liberal amounts of lithium grease will help install of the bumpstops--perhaps the most difficult part of the job. You may need to use a jack and a piece of wood through the spring to push against the bump stop and force it into place.

Also, research Rock Krawler rear axle coil spring correction wedges. These will keep your rear axle springs a little straighter and prevent them (actually the left one) from hitting the trackbar. Install during lift install is a little easier than doing it later.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the install last weekend, and the only advice I have is to disconnect your breathers, be cautious of abs lines, and pop the wire clips off of the rear diff housing. I overlooked that and when i dropped my rear axle, I almost tore these wires completely.

Other than that, install is time consuming, but very simple. I got the kit with shocks and the jeep rides like a cadillac now.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

The install is easy and pretty straight forward. It can be done by yourself but 2 people is definitly better. The only part of this lift I did not like was the track bar drop bracket in the kit. Drilling the hole for the bracket dead center is tough to do and I had to open up the hole a little bit to get everything lined up right. The top of the right rear sway bar link comes into contact with the bracket at full droop when I have it flexed out also. I plan on upgrading to the axle side bracket instead and I would recommend you do the same. Or just get an adjustable track bar.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:13 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by bigljking
... The only part of this lift I did not like was the track bar drop bracket in the kit. Drilling the hole for the bracket ...
Ah! That's why I don't remember any drilling. I installed an adjustable trackbar, so didn't use the bracket that came with the kit.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dcharge74
If you don't get a spring compressor, make sure you have someone there to help you muscle the suspension when it comes time to remove the old springs and install the new ones. Make sure you have a set of spacers if you're running stock wheels. Some people have needed them and some haven't. It all depends if you're able to mount the rear sway bar links on the inside of the axle bracket, or if you have to move them to the outside. You won't know until you do the install. Also, do yourself a favor and use some penetrating oil on all the nuts and bolts that are being removed for the install, especially the ones on the top of the front shocks. You'll thank me later. Last but not least, read this entire thread. I know it's long, but just about every problem that anyone here has come across is covered:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...5”-Spring-Lift
I agree with dcharge74. Look over that thread. It was very helpful.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I don't remember drilling anything.
Watch the video. The drill for a bracket. :(
Old 04-08-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks guys for all the reponses, I have read alot before I pulled the trigger on the lift, and thought it would be doable for someone like me. I appreciate all the advise and of course TeraFlex throughing in the video. I have not set a date on when I am going to install the lift. I still want to buy spacers before, incase I will need them. Bumpers ship today, just debating before or after bumpers and winch go on. Since I do have a full time job and two kids and a wife that wants to kill me now because of all the money I have spent in the last months, it might have to wait until next Thursday, Friday. I will be posting lots of Pics..

Quick Reply: If you have installed a TF 2.5 Coil lift please chime in.