Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

If you have installed a TF 2.5 Coil lift please chime in.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you have installed a TF 2.5 Coil lift please chime in.

So I purchased the tf coil lift with shocks and I am installing this lift next week and have never messed with suspension at all. So I would like any advise on this lift, is it as easy as following the instructions or is there other things I should be aware with.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its a great lift and super easy to install. The only thing I would reccomend is renting or borrowing if you don't already have some strut spring compressors. The only thing that I cannot comment on is the track bar bracket I installed an adjustable in the front and rear which made it that much easier. Well good luck.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't get a spring compressor, make sure you have someone there to help you muscle the suspension when it comes time to remove the old springs and install the new ones. Make sure you have a set of spacers if you're running stock wheels. Some people have needed them and some haven't. It all depends if you're able to mount the rear sway bar links on the inside of the axle bracket, or if you have to move them to the outside. You won't know until you do the install. Also, do yourself a favor and use some penetrating oil on all the nuts and bolts that are being removed for the install, especially the ones on the top of the front shocks. You'll thank me later. Last but not least, read this entire thread. I know it's long, but just about every problem that anyone here has come across is covered:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...5”-Spring-Lift
Old 04-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JycmxpounE Here's a install video to make things easy for you.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you lift the jeep really high onto jackstands so you have plenty of height under it for the axle to droop than you don't need a compressor.

First time around installing this lift I used a rented spring compressor, which is free to rent from autozone, etc and needed it because I had my jackstands set too low and my axle was on the ground and I still couldn't get the springs in. A few months later I wanted to install .5" spacers to compensate for a winch bumper. This time I realized that I didn't lift the jeep high enough the first time and my axle can drop really low if you loosen the brake line brackets, axle breather, and abs wires and get the jeep on a lift or high jackstands.

Honestly, lifting the jeep really high is way easier than messing with those spring compressors. They are a pain in the ass and time consuming to use, and then once you have the spring into place you have to wrestle with getting them off the spring.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

I am sure if you have decided to dive into this yourself then you are probably capable. I didn't need spring compressors but I did have my wife to help get one side of the rear axle down low enough to get the spring in on that side. the others went in no problem. I just did one corner of the jeep at a time. Good luck and congrats.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JycmxpounE

Here's a install video to make things easy for you.
Looking at buying a lift soon any discounts lol
Old 04-07-2011, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by isshinryu28
Looking at buying a lift soon any discounts lol
Call Dave at Northridge
Old 04-07-2011, 08:42 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Biginboca
If you lift the jeep really high onto jackstands so you have plenty of height under it for the axle to droop than you don't need a compressor.Honestly, lifting the jeep really high is way easier than messing with those spring compressors. They are a pain in the ass and time consuming to use, and then once you have the spring into place you have to wrestle with getting them off the spring.
this is KEY! go full droop and you don't need to wretch your muscles out of your brain to get the job done.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JycmxpounE Here's a install video to make things easy for you.
do you have a video for the 2.5lift with coil springs and shocks?

Quick Reply: If you have installed a TF 2.5 Coil lift please chime in.