Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

If you had 3rd row seating...

Old 05-28-2014, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you had 3rd row seating...

If you had 3rd row seating, What bumper or bumper & tire carrier combo would you get to maximize protection for those riding in that 3rd row?
Old 05-28-2014, 06:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would think lift would be just as important to get your passengers higher than most other vehicles bumpers. Of course too much lift would cause you JK to overturn if rear ended just right by a low car.

Back to your original question...........

Any of the cut and welded bumpers instead of the stamped/pressed ones like AEV even though AEV is very high quality.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good point. Here is more info.
I'm asking for my son. He has a '13 Unlimited Sport with a 2.5" lift and 33s
Old 05-28-2014, 07:24 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I'd be more worried as to how my passengers were to get in rather than what size bumper do i need
Old 05-28-2014, 07:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 169 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by familytime
I'd be more worried as to how my passengers were to get in rather than what size bumper do i need
...or how to get out in a hurry.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

I got a Ace pro series rear bumper to protect my kids in the second row. Very stout, but heavy. I can't wait to see the first car to bump it.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:04 PM
JK Newbie

I have a mopar bumper and tire carrier. Very stout. My main concern is the roll cage doesn't go all the way back like the 2drs. I am going to instal a custom roll bar extension that will bolt in. That reminds me, I gotta get on that. As for entrance and exit, it's no different then any other SUV with a third row, fold down the second row to let the people in and out.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bryantwhite
I have a mopar bumper and tire carrier. Very stout. My main concern is the roll cage doesn't go all the way back like the 2drs. I am going to instal a custom roll bar extension that will bolt in. That reminds me, I gotta get on that. As for entrance and exit, it's no different then any other SUV with a third row, fold down the second row to let the people in and out.
I am intending to do the same thing so I would love to see your design/write up once you get around to it.

Quick Reply: If you had 3rd row seating...