Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

If I lift a 2 door Rubi, and use NO swaybars

Old 05-28-2008, 10:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know why anyone would be advising anybody to remove the sway bars. that kinda thing can come back to haunt you.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yup

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I don't know why anyone would be advising anybody to remove the sway bars. that kinda thing can come back to haunt you.
Something about it sounded like a really bad Idea....
Old 05-29-2008, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

the sway bar (anti-sway bar is its full name) does exactly what the names says it does... stops the vehicle body from swaying excessivly in corners.

you CAN drive on road with them disconected... recommended ABSOULUTLEY NOT. but i know lots of people that do, but i am not too sure what your insurance agent would say if you ever lost control in a corner and the investigator found that the sway bars were disco'd.

as for off road capabilty... it would be SEVERLY compromised if you wheeled with it CONNECTED. easily get an extra 4+" of flex as compared to them connnected. and if you are ever goin fast enought to need your sway bars on the trail... well that is probably not a good idea.

as far as off camber stuff. you want more flex when you are off camber... you want all wheels in contact with the ground as much as possible. being connected would surely flop you over alot faster then if you were disco'd

get the JKS (or whatever) quick disconnects and disco when you go off-road and reconnect when you are finished the trail for the day

Last edited by Rubicon Rando; 05-29-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubicon Rando
the sway bar (anti-sway bar is its full name) does exactly what the names says it does... stops the vehicle body from swaying excessivly in corners.

you CAN drive on road with them disconected... recommended ABSOULUTLEY NOT. but i know lots of people that do, but i am not too sure what your insurance agent would say if you ever lost control in a corner and the investigator found that the sway bars were disco'd.

as for off road capabilty... it would be SEVERLY compromised if you wheeled with it CONNECTED. easily get an extra 4+" of flex as compared to them connnected. and if you are ever goin fast enought to need your sway bars on the trail... well that is probably not a good idea.

as far as off camber stuff. you want more flex when you are off camber... you want all wheels in contact with the ground as much as possible. being connected would surely flop you over alot faster then if you were disco'd

get the JKS (or whatever) quick disconnects and disco when you go off-road and reconnect when you are finished the trail for the day
I respectfully disagree. Off-road capability is by no means "severely compromised" with your rear sway bar connected. And more flex doesn't necessarily mean more stability. One guy from the forum disco'd his front and rear sway bars and rolled his Jeep. Go figure.

Read this thread and pay particular attention to wayoflife's posts.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/no-rear-sway-bar-analysis-37547/
Old 05-29-2008, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WV99XJ
I dont have a swaybar in the front and my Jeep drives fine.
Are you driving on the freeway in WV or from one trailer home to another on dirt backroads?
Just a joke. WV is beatiful and so are the women.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know if this is considered hijacking the thread, but what is "OFF-CAMBER"?

And please describe it as if I had little or no knowledge of off-roading (because that's where I'm at). Thanks!!
Old 05-29-2008, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I guess I must be getting old cuase I have driven alot of cars/trucks with no sway bars at all. It's no big deal if you know how to drive. I run around for weeks at a time with mine disco'd. It handles fine.
My 64 chevy II doesn't have any.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

The biggest problem will be with your ESP. I had my disco'd on the road once and my ESP was extremly pis**d off. Every corner it would kick on.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cadmanaz
I don't know if this is considered hijacking the thread, but what is "OFF-CAMBER"?

And please describe it as if I had little or no knowledge of off-roading (because that's where I'm at). Thanks!!
An off-camber situation is where your vehicle isn't pointed straight up or straight down a hill, so you're essentially riding sideways on the hill.

This is off-camber...

Off-camber situations are something you'll want to avoid if possible. Let's just put it that way.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryno
I respectfully disagree. Off-road capability is by no means "severely compromised" with your rear sway bar connected. And more flex doesn't necessarily mean more stability. One guy from the forum disco'd his front and rear sway bars and rolled his Jeep. Go figure.

Read this thread and pay particular attention to wayoflife's posts.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37547

if it is so dangerous, then why does my jeep have auto disco's?

Last edited by Rubicon Rando; 05-30-2008 at 05:20 AM.

Quick Reply: If I lift a 2 door Rubi, and use NO swaybars