Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ideas on my issues

Old 06-08-2014, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete1971
well replaced the battery (to an interstate) , fired right up, took it to autozone to have them check the charging system, all seems to be well

I can't believe a jeep that's 2 yrs old can have a factory battery crap out so soon, just last year I finaly had to change my wifes FACTORY battery in her 2004 Liberty & that one was 10 yrs old ?
Sometimes you just get a bad battery. Consider that items like the battery come from the absolute lowest bidder (most parts do...). Glad you're back on the road without issues...
Old 06-09-2014, 12:28 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete1971
well replaced the battery (to an interstate) , fired right up, took it to autozone to have them check the charging system, all seems to be well

I can't believe a jeep that's 2 yrs old can have a factory battery crap out so soon, just last year I finaly had to change my wifes FACTORY battery in her 2004 Liberty & that one was 10 yrs old ?
The battery I saw fail during f-Stop Arkansas I mentioned earlier was in a '12, so it was about a year and a half old. They are warranted, BTW. Full warranty for three years, I'm pretty sure. Just have to trade at dealer. Still, you'll be better with that Interstate, though you could have paid the core fee and then sold the new dealer battery.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
The battery I saw fail during f-Stop Arkansas I mentioned earlier was in a '12, so it was about a year and a half old. They are warranted, BTW. Full warranty for three years, I'm pretty sure. Just have to trade at dealer. Still, you'll be better with that Interstate, though you could have paid the core fee and then sold the new dealer battery.
My battery went out in my 2012. When I would shut the engine off on the trail it wouldn't start sometimes. Never did it on the street. Dealer tired to duplicate issue and couldn't. Load test revealed battery. Mine was NOT warrantied at 2 1/2 years! I thought I had a heat soak issue of some kind. These computerized vehicles have to have a near perfect battery.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:09 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by scubatech
My battery went out in my 2012. When I would shut the engine off on the trail it wouldn't start sometimes. Never did it on the street. Dealer tired to duplicate issue and couldn't. Load test revealed battery. Mine was NOT warrantied at 2 1/2 years! I thought I had a heat soak issue of some kind. These computerized vehicles have to have a near perfect battery.
Yes, your battery was covered unless you're outside the U.S. or otherwise broke the provisions of the warranty. Here is the warranty for a 2012 Jeep (not my 2007, though it reads very similarly):

What’s Covered

The Basic Limited Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair any item on your vehicle when it left the manufacturing plant that is defective in material, workmanship or factory preparation. There is no list of covered parts since the only exception are tires and Unwired headphones. You pay nothing for these repairs. These warranty repairs or adjustments — including all parts and labor connected with them — will be made by your dealer at no charge, using new or remanufactured parts.

When It Ends

The Basic Limited Warranty lasts for 36 months from the date it begins or for 36,000 miles on the odometer, whichever occurs first. But the following items are covered only for 12 months or for 12,000 miles on the odometer, whichever occurs first:

• brakes (rotors, pads, linings, and drums);
• wiper blades;
• clutch discs or modular clutch assembly (as equipped);
• windshield and rear window; and
• wheel alignment and wheel balancing

The Basic Limited Warranty covers your vehicle only if:

• it was built for sale in the U.S.;
• it’s registered in the U.S.;
• it’s driven mainly in the U.S. or Canada; and
• it’s operated and maintained in the manner described in your Owner’s Manual.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 06-09-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

didn't know that about the battery ? not worried about it brother inlaw did me a favor, says the new battery is better anyways, so far so good

Quick Reply: ideas on my issues