Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I would like to add a 2.5" lift. I wold like to get new springs insteady of spacers.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I would like to add a 2.5" lift. I wold like to get new springs insteady of spacers.

I have a 2013 JKU Sport. I want to put 33x12.5x17 later. I'm looking for something that has all the Parts I need including shocks. This is my everyday driver. I'm hoping to find something in my price range $400-$500 total.
I found a Superlift on ebay for $350 just not sure if it has everything I need. I would consider a used one if it was in good shape.
This will be my first lift I have installed. All the help I can get will be ever appreciated.
Thanks for all the help.

Billy
Winter Haven Fl
Old 03-01-2015, 05:54 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Look at the stickies at the top of the modified section, that will give you the info on lifts and what you should need. No lift is required to run 33" tires and you will be hard pressed to find a complete lift with shocks in the $400-$500 range. Just a decent set of cols is going to run you around $300
Old 03-01-2015, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

rubi take offs wil' give you a little lift... plug aand play. cheap as well..
Old 03-01-2015, 07:31 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Just because the coil came off a rubi means nothing. That is a myth that is floating around. You need to compare coil rate (number), the higher the number the higher the weight handling of the coil. You gain nothing in overall length of the coil that will allow you to run a longer travel shock for added articulation and imo is not worth the trouble and time to swap out.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Also, see the Dirtman's excellent write-up on lifts before you do anything: https://www.jk-forum.com/modified-jk-...-lifts-288269/
Old 03-01-2015, 01:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You are not going to get a good lift at that price point. Have a look at the teraflex 2.5" coil lift. great products and a great price.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Just because the coil came off a rubi means nothing. That is a myth that is floating around. You need to compare coil rate (number), the higher the number the higher the weight handling of the coil. You gain nothing in overall length of the coil that will allow you to run a longer travel shock for added articulation and imo is not worth the trouble and time to swap out.
so the coil rate of the jku sport vs the jkur is the same?

Ive seen some take off's run like $150 coils and shocks, low mileage... if they are an upgrade to the sports model (Im not sure that is the case now) that is a bargain imo, since the op only wants to run 33" tires.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I think what he means is the rate is stiffer, but the height is the same for all springs. So essentially you get your lift at the price of stiff riding, less articulating suspension. Instead of using taller softer springs. Do I have that correct dirtman?
Old 03-01-2015, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Get a Teraflex 2.5" with shocks and springs. Its about $700 but comes with everything you need.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I second what immortal said. I went with TeraFlex three years ago was about 750 but never had a problem with the lift. Easy install took me about 12 hours but did it by myself and I took my time. Only difficulty was compressing the passenger side coil but overall not a hard job, just need to have a couple jack stands, check out a strut compressor from your local auto store, and make sure you have the right tools. TeraFlex has some great videos that show the installation. Again, I'm very happy with 2.5 TeraFlex lift which has everything you need a t a reasonable price. Don't go cheap as the lift and do it right the first time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-242745824.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	599283

Quick Reply: I would like to add a 2.5" lift. I wold like to get new springs insteady of spacers.