Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I want More LIFT!! adding spacers?

Old 05-07-2009, 11:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:.
BLs will not effect your suspension or driveline geometry. most do this for added tire clearance... while others just for that extra boost without worrying about driveline.
Yay! I just wanted mine not to look quite so tiny next to yours
Old 05-07-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:.
Some day I will catch up to you
Old 05-07-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have 1.75" spacers on top of my 6" coils but I have also replaced my drive shafts and control arms. Not sure how this would translate to a .5" spacer on a 2-3" coil and no DS or control arm replacement. I also am running a 1" BL for both lift and tire clearance. But at least you know it can be done.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

here is mine with the TF 2.5 coil, I added a 1"BL when i got my 35's for some more tire clearance and height without having to change driveshafts or anything like that, easy way to gain an inch without having to change anything else out.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea a body lift isnt really what I want. Im looking for additional ground clearance but no one seems to know for sure if I can put 1/2" spacers on without replacing control arms and drive shafts?
Old 05-07-2009, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just had 3/4" Daystar spacers installed on to my OME 2" springs since I went up to 35s. Sitting a little over 3" of lift with my Shrockworks Bumper & Winch and the Mopar rear bumper with tire carrier and 35 spare with ATX rim.

Nangulator did the install at his shop and everything looks to be in good alignment. Only thing we may need to do is cut a notch in the factory tranny skid because at full flex it may rub a little on the drive shaft. I have not wheeled it yet with the new setup but on road it's doing great. Waiting on the new shocks to come in.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the TF 2.5" COIL lift and I am also using a TF 1" spacer on top of the front coils with no issue at all. I see no reason why you can't do the rears also. I will be adding a rear bumper and tire carrier soon and if my rear sags any, I will be using spacers to level it out. FYI - I have had to make no other mods to the suspension!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShadedOutDoors
Yea a body lift isnt really what I want. Im looking for additional ground clearance but no one seems to know for sure if I can put 1/2" spacers on without replacing control arms and drive shafts?
just wondering... you keep saying you want an extra .5" but you haven't said why? Are you rubbing? Do you need it or just want more height? Is it sagging in the front? That kit has a front coil that is just over 3" and a rear that is about 2". If you throw another .5" on there you will have as much lift as some companies 4" coils. How does it drive right now? Is it darty or wander much? If it still drives like it did stock then you could try it out, if it makes the jeep squirrelly you can sell them. If I was you I would look at a set of control arms. You will be blown away at how nice the Jeep drives with proper caster. Plus it sounds like you will likely go bigger later too.

IMO the gaps left by body lifts look kinda crappy if you keep the stock bumpers and stuff and dont move them up too. I would try the suspension spacer before I body lifted personally.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

It drives ok now, I know control arms would help but can't afford them right now. I have no rubbing I just want a little more ground clearance. Im pretty much just looking for a little boost in ride height without spending a lot of money.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by l3itch
Yay! I just wanted mine not to look quite so tiny next to yours
That's what SHE said....

Quick Reply: I want More LIFT!! adding spacers?