Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I want More LIFT!! adding spacers?

Old 05-07-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want More LIFT!! adding spacers?

I'm debating on adding 1/2 inch spacers front and rear on top of my 2.5" teraflex coils.
I'm just looking for a little more height and clearance but dont have the money right now for a new lift. This will put me at a little bit above 3" of lift.

Will I have drive shaft issues or need to replace control arms at this height?

These 2 issues are what I am trying to avoid right now; later when I get above 3" I will address these issues
but I'm just wondering if I can squeeze a little more height and keep everything else the same?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by ShadedOutDoors
I'm debating on adding 1/2 inch spacers front and rear on top of my 2.5" teraflex coils.
I'm just looking for a little more height and clearance but dont have the money right now for a new lift. This will put me at a little bit above 3" of lift.

Will I have drive shaft issues or need to replace control arms at this height?

These 2 issues are what I am trying to avoid right now; later when I get above 3" I will address these issues
but I'm just wondering if I can squeeze a little more height and keep everything else the same?
You have a 4 door as long as you have a 6 speed you dont have to worry about your DS's.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm facing the same thing. I'm thinking of a 1" BL......
Old 05-07-2009, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nah I got an auto and already tore my front DS boot JK fest last year, I know Im going to have to replace it sooner or later. Just wondering if I can go another 1/2" higher all around with out any issues?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Calypso
I'm facing the same thing. I'm thinking of a 1" BL......
I just bought one
Old 05-07-2009, 11:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wouldn't stack spacers. At least not in the rear. Check out what happened to my Full Traction 2" spacer BB.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/full-traction-2-bb-spacer-lift-81007/

The front spacers are trapped by the factory bump stops, but the rears basically have nothing to keep them from slipping.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I believe that a body lift does not interfere with the lower suspension and drive shaft components
as its only lifting the body from the frame. Im not 100% on this just my mental reasoning
What are your guys reasons for a body lift? Tire Clearance or just increase in height?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

I believe that a body lift does not interfere with the lower suspension and drive shaft components
as its only lifting the body from the frame. Im not 100% on this just my mental reasoning
What are your guys reasons for a body lift? Tire Clearance or just increase in height?
Height. I only have 33's
Old 05-07-2009, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Both and it doesn't interfere with anything, especially with an auto.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Calypso
Both and it doesn't interfere with anything, especially with an auto.
Sweet.

Quick Reply: I want More LIFT!! adding spacers?