Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

i want Flat Fenders...do I need to go to 37's?

Old 12-14-2011, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPop
The Toyo 37x17s run rough because they are a very rigid tire with a 131 service description. The Toyo 37x18s have a 124 service description, which in round numbers they will take about 6 more psi for even tread wear.

The issue with the Toyo 37x17s is people will often find themselves needing to reduce the psi to well under 25 for on road use, leading to deflection of the contact patch. That tire sidewall strength might be admirable for off road use, but on road it's not going to ride so well. The Toyo 37x18s are much closer to an appropriate fit for the relatively light JK, and either tire is more than capable of handling what a JK can dish out.
Thanks for the clarification....It looks like choosing the 18" Toyo tire would work best for me then, I would even get to keep my stock rims.

Quick Reply: i want Flat Fenders...do I need to go to 37's?