Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I want to add a thottle idle lock like my old TJ had

Old 10-17-2021, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to add a thottle idle lock like my old TJ had

I have a 2014 3.6L 6speed rubicon. Is there a product on the market that can adjust the throttle to maintain a fast idle around 1000-1200rpm. I crawl a lot in the woods when bird hunting in 4low in 2nd or 3rd gear and and just crawling without my foot on gas at idle speeds I get gear chatter under load,like going up a hill, when the RPM is so low. It has to be above 900RPM for everything to stay smooth and be quiet. Ideally if the cruise control would be what I want but at speeds under 25mph/40kph it disengages. Any ideas?
Old 10-18-2021, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Superchips Flashcal or Flashpaq will do this.
Old 10-18-2021, 01:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really interesting. I have a flashcal that came with my 2014 jeep. I really haven't screwed with it except for changing my tire size. I'll have to look if I have that function. Thx

Last edited by D0T-C0M; 10-18-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Quick Reply: I want to add a thottle idle lock like my old TJ had