Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I want a 2.5 BB, but not death wobble...?

Old 02-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RescueGreen#3
Thanks fellas,

Well, since I tow, I still want a firm ride... Any recommendations for shocks (for a 2.5 lift) that are good to tow on???
I'll post follow ups... I'm this close to getting a tf kit from northridge...

Tia
Why not get the TeraFlex kit that has shocks?
Old 02-12-2009, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, I thought I did mention tf kit (terra flex) just buying it from northridge. I just wanted to verify a firm shock to meet my towing needs. I think my sahara came with beefier shocks and springs from the factory because of the oem tow package.

I am on my iPhone, hard to type

Last edited by RescueGreen#3; 02-12-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a freind of mine had death wobble set in but it was because of the steering stabalizer
you may want to change that esp. if you have an 07
Old 02-12-2009, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

I too went with Rough country coils and shocks. no wobble. have not pulled a trailer with it yet though. I am pleased with the RC and would recommend it to anyone that might listen.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:40 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
Oops!

A steering stablizer will not cause a wobble, rather it will mask the real problem. If your friend is masking a real problem by using a HD steering stablizer, he may end up with a serious problem when the loose suspension and/or steering components fail because they damage brackets or bolt holes. He needs to have all his suspension components re-torqued with the full weight of the vehicle on the ground.

I have an 07. No wobbles except for when I both put my alignment out and smashed my steering stablizer on a rock. Removed the steering stablizer and re-aligned--no wobble. Then, I added a Woods relocation bracket and new stablizer.
what he said.

a steering stabilizer or lack there of WILL NOT cause death wobble. this is a myth that i hear spread all the time and it simply is NOT true. if you have your suspension dialed in, no mounts or bushings are failing and all your bolts are tightend to the appropriate torque setting, you will not have death wobble and you won't even need a steering stabilizer.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RescueGreen#3
is it possible?

My jk is a dd rig. It also tows a small trailer. I get it off road 3 to 4 times per mo. It goes hunting & fishing with me.

I want the slight lift of 2" or 2.5" for slight increased clearance and for looks. Face it, A lifted jk is really cool I am keeping my stock rubi wheels & tires. I don't need bigger tires & wheels.

Should be easy but everyone I talk to, other jeepers, other forums and article continue to tell I ominous "death wobble" warnings.

Does every jk with a bb lift have problems?

I started with the TF 2.5 BB then because of heavy bumper and winch with with the TF 2.5 coils. Everything installed according to directions of course. I have had no problems at all. don't even understand why people have the death wobble

It's also a DD and sees some really good wheeling...
Old 02-28-2009, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Maybe I'm the 1% that has a problem, but the day I installed my RC 2.5 BB my front end has wobbled coming to a stop more than 75% of the time.

Tire pressure = good
Torqued bolts = good
Steering wheel = re-centered

Problem = UNKNOWN

Old 02-28-2009, 01:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Why not get the TeraFlex kit that has shocks?
I have the 2.5" TeraFlex coil lift with shocks and tow a 4x6 trailer from time to time. I have had 0 problems with my lift or towing. I highly recommend this setup.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by McJeep
Maybe I'm the 1% that has a problem, but the day I installed my RC 2.5 BB my front end has wobbled coming to a stop more than 75% of the time.

Tire pressure = good
Torqued bolts = good
Steering wheel = re-centered

Problem = UNKNOWN

same here man except mine is the teraflex bb..i have an adjustable trackbar on the way..hope it fixes it
Old 03-05-2009, 09:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can improperly installed rear sway bar links cause an issue?

Quick Reply: I want a 2.5 BB, but not death wobble...?