Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I wanna go 2-2.5" higher, but have concerns....can anyone put my mind at ease?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wanna go 2-2.5" higher, but have concerns....can anyone put my mind at ease?

So I got my tax return in and I am slowly piece-mealing my rig into what I want. Last year, I purchased the Old Man Emu shocks and the Teraflex Leveling Kit, with the full intention of getting the OME springs when I got my return. So I'm looking at getting the heavy duty 2"-2.5" coil springs for the rear and front and got to thinking about the issues that I had with my TJ when I replaced the springs. I was wondering if any of you could tell me whether or not I may have any other issues that arise after I install the springs...? For instance, would this modest lift height cause me to experience any wobbles in the DS? Will I need an SYE or a CV, or (hopefully) neither? Will I need to replace my trackbars with adjustable ones, or get a relocation bracket? Will I need a MML or t-case drop? Will I need to take out the Leveling Kit or should I just keep the spacers where they are?

I'm pretty deadset on the OME springs because of the ride quality as I had them on my TJ. If you have any other suggestions that can match the OME ride quailty (and are cheaper), I'm all ears. My main questions, however, are will I run into any problems, such as the above mentioned. If you can think of anything that I didn't mention, I'd love to know what you're thinkin'.
Thanks!
Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You want the light load springs if u want to keep it at 2" or so. The Heavy springs net most guys a 3"+ lift.

I have the OME 2" with the light springs. I only added LCAs for a better caster setting. I've been fine without trackbars, a DS, etc. some guys here did replace trackbars.

The spacer lift may bump the height to the point of worrying about brake lines thou.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for a 2 door, 2.5 and under your good as far as drive lines go, 3.5'' for a four door. No sye or cv. but if you go past 2.5 on a 2 door, get a new driveshaft for the front.

Quick Reply: I wanna go 2-2.5" higher, but have concerns....can anyone put my mind at ease?