Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I think I have decided against.....

Old 02-27-2008, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
It's your Jeep, you don't have to lift it to enjoy it. The problem is though that you've read all of the negative things and none of the positives. Remember the saying " Happy customers tell a few people and unhappy customers tell eveyone?" The same applies here. For evey person that's had problems, their are many, many more that have not. How many people are going to post that everything is perfect unless prompted to do so? Not many. Do what you want to do with you Jeep, but don't think just because some people have had bad experiences, that EVERYONE had the same ones. I have the 4" skyjacker and have not had one problem. That being said, I have new adjustable track bars that will be here shortly because I'm not going to risk the relocation brackets, but track bars are the "right way" to do it with any lift, not relocation brackets. Some things you have to correcct yourself. It's not a big deal beacuse I knew early on thanks to the forum.
X2. I have the Black Diamond 3" and nittos 35's w/ 1.5" spacers. NO PROBLEM AT ALL. Honestly not a single small problem. It's all on the install... well maybe 90%.

REDNECKJEEP: No one said that you have to lift your Jeep to have fun with it. It seems like you are afraid to likt if because of the "HORROR" stories. Most stories on here are people's opinion. If I listened to everyone's "HORROR" stories I would have never left home. If you take every "HORROR" story out then, then every company sucks, every product sucks, and you would never buy anything. Lift it or not, your Jeep your money. I lifted mine and LOVE IT. Good Luck.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to check into the Full Traction 2" Budget Boost kit. Throw the track bar relocation braket out (actually keep it for scrap since you're a welder) and be happy. I have had NO ISSUES with it. I measured my axels and they are still dead center, which surprised me. I have the stock wheels with stock tires on stock shocks and it performs great on and off road.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I must admit, it would be good to see more good stories than bad.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

WHAT???? There's horror stories out there? Have the TF 2.5 BB. Just put spacers on the back, ordered some for the front so I can put Cooper STT's on and some new bumpers. Now I can think about modding it!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 09:00 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by seal20
You might want to check into the Full Traction 2" Budget Boost kit. Throw the track bar relocation braket out (actually keep it for scrap since you're a welder) and be happy. I have had NO ISSUES with it. I measured my axels and they are still dead center, which surprised me. I have the stock wheels with stock tires on stock shocks and it performs great on and off road.
If I could read more stories like THIS, I'd be happy. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Well, no one seems to offer a kit that is a pure bolt on and go....no problems at all. I would think that designers would take into consideration all of these factors and offer a kit that has no trouble whatsoever. Since no one offers such a kit, I will just do it my way. Frankly, I think it's a rush to get it all on the market and get everyones money for a product that is not of superior quality.
I just installed a skyjacker 2.5" kit on my unlimited with no problems at all. Truely a bolt on kit. It took me about 3 hrs in my driveway in a pooring down rain probably would have taken 2 hours but I kept taking a break so I could dry out a little I am running 33/12.5/17 with no issues.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:30 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by j&k'sjk
I just installed a skyjacker 2.5" kit on my unlimited with no problems at all. Truely a bolt on kit. It took me about 3 hrs in my driveway in a pooring down rain probably would have taken 2 hours but I kept taking a break so I could dry out a little I am running 33/12.5/17 with no issues.

....and dog trackin like a sumbee.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
....and dog trackin like a sumbee.
not at all. Took measurements before and after its as square as your head lol
Old 02-27-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Jedi

Well I spoke with David at Northridge today. He assuerd me that we can put something together to make my Jeep like I want it. All is not lost.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

My 2 cents.

The problem isn't the lifts mostly, with a few excpetions. I think much of it is not understanding that modifiying a vehicle in this significant way has an impcat on almost the entire vehicle. People dream of a cool Jeep with big tires and better off road ability. What they get is a chain reaction that they didn't understand they were getting.

Take this plan from a recent post:
... I decided on 35s. ... need a small lift, not so bad ... which needs shocks ... which requires new bump stops ... should re-gear ... off set for wheels, new wheels ... track bars make it better ... brake lines moved ... ebrake line moved ... sway bar links X4 ... and on and on.

Lifting and adding bigger tires IS a major undertaking if you want it perfect. Many live with imperfetions, and some can't stand them. I suggest from your post that you are the latter. You are wise to approach this carefully or you will be unhappy. You are right to talk with Dave. My Jeep is nearly stock too, nothing wrong with that.

Quick Reply: I think I have decided against.....