Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

i need your toughts...

Old 07-11-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need your toughts...

So, i guess ill go with the 3`` full traction economy lift for now, its pretty complete...

It includes: Front and rear springs, new front adjustable track bar(Rubber bushings) rear track bar bracket, front and rear sway bar links, bump stop extensions, brake line extension brackets... but it has no arms at all... wich i think its perfect for now cause i will upgrade for the long arms probably next spring or summer!!

What do yall think?

Ill get 35s not sure wich one yet.. any tought?

so it aint too bad.. that lift + PSC brawler lite with bar + LOD rock sliders + spydertrax wheel spacers, all that for 2300$ but no shocks..

wich shocks should i get? im looking at the bilstein and King 2.0.. i don`t want any with reservoir for a simple reason, I don`t need that for now, I might upgrade em when I put the long arm in tho..

thank you guys and gals
Old 07-11-2011, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was thinkins about the 12`` king coilovers, with new trackbar bracket front/rear swaybar front/rear.. with no arms? is that possible? like i said i will upgrage for long arm next year.. is 12`` too high to not mess up with the driveline..

i got the rubi JKU by the way

cheers
Old 07-11-2011, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

i posted a thread just like this a while ago, and got the same response...none. it made me think twice. still haven't decided on a lift yet.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubichronic
i posted a thread just like this a while ago, and got the same response...none. it made me think twice. still haven't decided on a lift yet.
haha well that 5uck.. i guess its pretty good if we don`t have any negative comments but no comments at all... come on people gimme sumthing
Old 07-11-2011, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got this kit and being installed as we speak. I pick it up tomorrow. I went with bilstein 5100's and the manuf. said not to exceed 27 inches extended for the shocks which is what I went with. I have a 2009 JKU Rubicon. I plan on adding upper front adjustable next month then front lowers when I scrape together enough cash.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiconRod
I got this kit and being installed as we speak. I pick it up tomorrow. I went with bilstein 5100's and the manuf. said not to exceed 27 inches extended for the shocks which is what I went with. I have a 2009 JKU Rubicon. I plan on adding upper front adjustable next month then front lowers when I scrape together enough cash.
nice let me know how the rides feels when you get back tomorow!! are you gettting 35s too?
Old 07-11-2011, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

No yet... No cash. Got some wheel spacers for now. Hopefully will have 35's in a few months if I can figure out which wheels I want. Then after that will determine if I need to get gears or not.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiconRod
No yet... No cash. Got some wheel spacers for now. Hopefully will have 35's in a few months if I can figure out which wheels I want. Then after that will determine if I need to get gears or not.
with 35s i think our 4.10 gears would be good enough for a while quite a bit.. depends how hard ur on ur jeep i guess.. as for the wheels, if you already got spacers you wont need wheels, unless your going 1350 or wider..
Old 07-11-2011, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Ranco makes a great shock, great price,functional,warranty and the coil overs i dont think will work, i sure as hell would nt install them on my rig in the stock shock mounts there not built to with stand the stress. you can also run into alot of issues with bump steer and binding if you have alot of travel and your control arms are not adjustible. FULL TRACTION is a great company with one hell of a product, call them tell them what you want out of your rig and they will sell you the right lift, Buy a complete kit you are way better off. And if you dont have the cash save up alil longer it will be worth it trust me.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by superjk10

with 35s i think our 4.10 gears would be good enough for a while quite a bit.. depends how hard ur on ur jeep i guess.. as for the wheels, if you already got spacers you wont need wheels, unless your going 1350 or wider..
I do a lot of freeway driving so not sure if my 4.10's will cut it. If they don't I'm going to get 4.88's as I have a 6 speed. I know I can keep my stock wheels but I don't want to.

Quick Reply: i need your toughts...