Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I need a straight answer

Old 06-09-2012, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mattgt5

Everyone likes to say that you need new driveshafts when you lift your jeep. I have about 12k miles on my front driveshaft after my 3" lift and my driveshaft is fine. Will it fail eventually, maybe, but until it does i dont see the point of a new one. You will not see lifts causing failure on the rear drive shaft on a 4 door but it is probable on a 2 door.
Everyone likes to say that because they do like to fail. Mine front and rear started slinging grease and grinding in the first couple weeks after my lift upgrade. I do wheel my jeep pretty hard tho so..... If ur a mall crawler then they might last longer but will fail in the end. You are right tho about replacing it if it hasn't failed tho wouldn't either but I was just advising him of the fact that there was a good chance hr was looking at an extra expense due to the lift that he might not have known about. If you wheel ur jeep hard and flex much u will rip ur front drive shaft boot on a 4 door

Last edited by medic_23387; 06-09-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift

Originally Posted by TReuter
I've tried looking but everyone is different. On a 3.5 to 4" what is a complete package or what components should I have? Now I'm just wanting a basic not a mud national or rock climbing lift but I want to make sure it has everything I'll need. I don't want to piece it together over time. I want to know what components I absolutely have to have. By the way its a 2012 4DR SAHARA
I just completed a lift on my 2012 JK, I went with the Rubicon 3.5 inch short arm lift. replaced all shocks with mono tube. Usings a Tera Flex traction bar up front as the Rubicon was not strong enough(had some death wobble to it) Currently have 32.5 tires but it sits pretty high now. I am not a mud or climb the rocks jeeper but this gives the JK good flex and with the height traveling thru the swamp lands here in Florida is a lot better (had water go over the top of the hood a couple of times) Good luck with your lift.

Quick Reply: I need a straight answer