Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I need some help...

Old 10-23-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep a check on the welds. I have always been worried about bracket, but so far it is holding up well. I can't believe i missed the pitman being loose.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jusaplaya
I keep a check on the welds. I have always been worried about bracket, but so far it is holding up well. I can't believe i missed the pitman being loose.
If your pitman arm is loose, it will cause that clunk. Mine did that here a short while back; only did it when I 1. either was backing out, or 2. was trying to do a tight turn. Not very often, but enough to drive me bonkers. Come to find out, the pitman arm had a little bit of play to it. Tighten it up and see if that helps.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is doing exact same thing interceptor. I swore I had the arm tight when I did the lift last christmas. I drove it to work this morning and the steering stabilizer stayed in place. Hopefully no more problems out of that. I gotta get me a socket big enough to tighten the pitman arm back up. Shouldn't those u bolts hold pretty tight. I tighten hell out of them, but I don't know how it fell the first time. Thanks again guys.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What should and is usually ends up being two different things altogether as I've found out on several occasions. Glad to know you found the source though

Quick Reply: I need some help...