Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I need new axles

Old 10-14-2024 | 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default I need new axles

The factory D 30 made it since 2011. Looking for suggestions

I’ve not parts shopped in a decade. I’m looking at the Dynatrac 44/60 hybrid or the fusion hybrid. Or should we be looking at d60 options?

i only run 37s so not sure if I want a d60 pumpkin hanging low. So I’m torn between d44 and d60 I run about 6 inches of lift on coil overs. Stock power Mostly wheeling on dirt gravel and mud
Old 10-14-2024 | 04:12 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Welcome to the forum and there are good friendly knowledgeable members that can provide good feedback/ideas.
Old 10-15-2024 | 01:05 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

I can tell you that i had DT ball joints in an old axle, and I currently have a front PR44 with those BJs and a rear full float PR60. needless to say I have had to contact this company from time to time over the years. i will never recommend this brand to anyone. any time I have to deal with them they are a complete waste of time and a headache. customer support is a joke. I would consider Fusion or Currie as axle alternatives only. That is just my experience over 11 years of JK ownership.

Did you bust the D30 or did you just reach a point that you need something stronger?

Last edited by resharp001; 10-15-2024 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-18-2024 | 10:39 AM
JK Newbie
Vet Army

Wouldn’t 44’s if geared correctly be enough as long as you don’t let it wheel hop excessively? I believe if geared correctly the axles become the weak link with 37’s and if yiu snap one that’s not a real hard or expensive upgrade? Unless of course you increase the HP

Quick Reply: I need new axles