Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I need lift help ...please

Old 08-05-2011, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need lift help ...please

I wanna run 33 I don't wanna go to crazy I want stock ride if not better. What would u do a leveling kit spacer lift or a coil lift
Old 08-05-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man there are a few posts on here about this, but I think you will find most will say if ya can go a few more $'s do the coil lift = better ride, mild off road'ing, etc.
The new sponsor Rusty's had a coil lift for about $320 and 4WP has one about the same, good luck with ya mods.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

x2 on coil lift. Especially if you are adding bumpers. To off set added weight.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

You already made another post with the same question. 2.5" coil lift for 33's. You already asked about the rusty's just go for it. Great product for the money. You wont regret it
Old 08-05-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

coil lift, rustys or tf, can't go wrong. get best price and you'll be happy.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
For what its worth (and knowing you've already done your homework on various lifts and have spoken to vendors like Rustys), I'm pretty sure you can run 33's without any lift. Guys on here can fit 35's with no lifts if they go to a flat flare. Not sure what stock tires you currently have but my Rubi and saharas come with 32" tires so I don't see why you can't move up 1" without a lift.

Plus, you said you only plan on doing light wheeling. At worst, maybe you need to either look at flat flares or go to a different wheel with your 33's that have different back spacing.

Since you keep saying in all of your threads that you want stock ride or better, this is the only option you have. Once a lift goes on (BB or coil), you introduce the potential for many issues and (depending on your dealer) warranty issues.

I would ask a question of "Can I run 33's with no lift" since its the 33's you seem to want. I'm sure you will get plenty of responses but I think you would be fine with no lift.
Lol thank u sorry I'm a bit annoying Haha
Old 08-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Flat fenders are definitely an option but will cost more than an inexpensive lift. You could trim your own fenders if you don't mind cutting the stockers. Also you could pick up some used rubicon springs that will give you a little lift. Just take your time and do lots of research and decide what is best for you, how you will use it, and your budget
Old 08-05-2011, 01:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A budget boost like the teraflex 2.5 spacer lift with the shock extensions can allow you to run your stock shocks. You will keep your same ride qualities. Same goes for the levelling kit.

Quick Reply: I need lift help ...please