Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I need help!

Old 01-14-2012, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help!

Had my 07 jku in the stealership abput a month and a half ago to have my 1st and 2nd gear syncronizers replaced to to it kicking out of 1st gear all the time.. The morning after i got it back i went out and started it and there was a grinding in the shifter for about 5 min..it then went away.. But since then when i take off from a stop or if im in 2nd gear slowing down for a red light then accelerate there is a rattle... Sounds like an exhaust rattle.. Ive looked under it and wiggled the exhaust.. Checked the heat shields and nothing is loose... I told the stealership about the grinding i heard the same day and have had it back to them to check the exhaust and they have found nothing.. Nowthe fucked up part is when i take it to them it doesnt do it but soon as i get home it starts again.. The stealership prolly thinks im crazy... Anybody have this issue?..do youthinkthe tranny has something loose inside?... It shifts fine...im at a loss?.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-14-2012, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anybody??????
Old 01-14-2012, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a similiar rattle. Hoseclamped the heat shield on the crossmember at each end and it went away. There was 1 broken spot weld on the shield but i couldnt see it at the time.

Quick Reply: I need help!