Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I need help!!

Old 05-30-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help!!

Hi All. I'm new to this forum and have some questions. I bought my first jeep a few months back, 2008 Sahara JK Unlimited and am wanting to just give it a beefier look. I have a few questions about what's necessary. I don't plan on doing much off roading because it's my only vehicle currently, and I don't want to break something I can't afford. But, my plan was to possibly add a rough country 3.75" combo lift (2.5" suspension with 1.25" body) with either Goodyear Duratrac 33's or Toyo MT. I'm curious as to what else I have to worry about with this or if I should go a different route all together. I've been working on cars all my life, but like I said, I'm new to this, never worked on jeeps. Will I need brake line extensions, spacers, any gear adjustment? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-30-2011, 05:51 PM
JK Freak

near as i can tell is that most if not all of the lift kits out there have what you need at a minimum. most seem to offer the brake line extensions as well.
the sales guys at ORW and Northridge are quite knowledgeable and helpful as well and will get you sorted out. that's the best option in my opinion for what you're trying to do.
btw - i have 33" duratracs. just got them wednesday. i love them. no lift yet, but going with the 2.5" coil lift and shocks.
have fun with it. no matter what, it's your JK and you can put anything on it you want. it's like a giant lego toy.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have the stock side steps, removing them will do a lot to the look. I used to have the tubular ones and once I removed them and put on the Rubi rails, it made it look a lot better imho.

Getting beefy tires will to. I ditched my pizza cutters for 33 inch tires with 15 inch wheels... yummy!!!

Let the mods begin!!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

agree with the above... the tires and a little lift helps a lot with the looks. Have fun building your rig up.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Freak

Welcome to the madness of Jeeps. From what it sounds like the RC lift will work for you. PM one of the reps you can get a forum discount.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AUTigerFan
Hi All. I'm new to this forum and have some questions. I bought my first jeep a few months back, 2008 Sahara JK Unlimited and am wanting to just give it a beefier look. I have a few questions about what's necessary. I don't plan on doing much off roading because it's my only vehicle currently, and I don't want to break something I can't afford. But, my plan was to possibly add a rough country 3.75" combo lift (2.5" suspension with 1.25" body) with either Goodyear Duratrac 33's or Toyo MT. I'm curious as to what else I have to worry about with this or if I should go a different route all together. I've been working on cars all my life, but like I said, I'm new to this, never worked on jeeps. Will I need brake line extensions, spacers, any gear adjustment? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMO that would be too much lift for the perfect look... especially if you are just going for looks and not going to offroad..... 2.5 is perfect for 33's.... 3.5-4.0 for 35's etc.. 35's mean a big difference....all though they look great the cost is much more...gearing etc.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AUTigerFan
oh just realized you are an auburn fan.... I will try to find some pictures to explain what i said or something....
really what you need to do is run 175lbs of air pressure in your tires....and saw dust in your gas will help the sound of the engine..... loosen your lugnuts will smooth out the ride...... be sure and ride the doors off....no seatbelt and take some hard right hand turns !!!!! hahahah:rotflmao2 :

oh and.......... ROLL TIDE !!!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

We would be more than happy to help you out and unless you just want the extra clearance the 2.5" kit will easily handle the 33's. Glad to have you onboard the JK forum.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jcrcan25
oh just realized you are an auburn fan.... I will try to find some pictures to explain what i said or something....
really what you need to do is run 175lbs of air pressure in your tires....and saw dust in your gas will help the sound of the engine..... loosen your lugnuts will smooth out the ride...... be sure and ride the doors off....no seatbelt and take some hard right hand turns !!!!! hahahah:rotflmao2 :

oh and.......... ROLL TIDE !!!

WOW.. Harsh
Old 06-04-2011, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

thanks all for the help! I will contact the rep and get it all figured out here soon! Thanks again!

Quick Reply: I need help!!