Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I need held deciding!

Old 02-24-2013, 02:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RDH475

WOW the guy said he was on a limited budget none of those eye candy goodies will help him get further down a trail, Jeeps are pretty capable from the factory nothing ruins a weekend of exploring faster than getting stuck and having to call a towtruck back into the woods. Make mods that get you down the trail first. With a winch you can go with youre buddies without worrying about being a drag on the group & you will find youreself pulling out guys with bigger tires but no winch.
the guy had no lift, no mud tires and was debating bikini or soft doors and some guys says trail doors and you go off about this winch nonsense. The guy wants it summer ready not trail ready he would have said that if that's what he meant. IMO go if your gonna be beach crushing grab some nice trail doors you can throw on and off when it's nice and look into a spider web shade their nice to keep you too down yet not to much sun. Keep in mind most soft doors are not up to par with mopar soft doors many have been known to just flap around in the wind and I'm sure for 60 that would be quite annoying
Old 02-24-2013, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default stock bumpers

Originally Posted by Jeepsg2012
Ok so j am relatively new to owning a jk I have had a yj in the past. My thing is I wanna get the jeep ready for summer soon. I have about 800 to spend of free cash. However j can't make a choice on what I want to get. I was thinking either a Bikini/ cargo windjammer kit with the wrap around wind jammer from best top or full soft doors. At the moment i have a 2012 sport auto with full hard doors and sunrider soft top. I use the rig for daily driving of a commute of over 60 miles per day. So should I swap top? Change to full soft doors, and if so what is the best products people have like on the market for the jk?

Thank you for all the help!

Steve
Here is 2 great threads for turning stock bumpers into winch bumpers. I really like the one that gets rid of the factory plastic cover. modified stock front metal bumper, in the show & tell section & hidden winch mounted upright on OE bumper, in the modified JK tech section.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by triplethreat5188
the guy had no lift, no mud tires and was debating bikini or soft doors and some guys says trail doors and you go off about this winch nonsense. The guy wants it summer ready not trail ready he would have said that if that's what he meant. IMO go if your gonna be beach crushing grab some nice trail doors you can throw on and off when it's nice and look into a spider web shade their nice to keep you too down yet not to much sun. Keep in mind most soft doors are not up to par with mopar soft doors many have been known to just flap around in the wind and I'm sure for 60 that would be quite annoying
Everybody that gets a wrangler wants to do a little offroading I was just giving some advice that will make any offroad trip enjoyable. Beach bashing is one of the WORST places to get stuck without a winch & a pullpal when the tide starts coming in I guess you could start pulling off eye candy mods & stick them under the tires for traction. why waste money on mods that dont increase youre capabilities first. IMHO do what gets you down the trail or off the beach first & then go for what looks cool.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everybody that gets a wrangler wants to do a little offroading I was just giving some advice that will make any offroad trip enjoyable. Beach bashing is one of the WORST places to get stuck without a winch & a pullpal when the tide starts coming in I guess you could start pulling off eye candy mods & stick them under the tires for traction. why waste money on mods that dont increase youre capabilities first. IMHO do what gets you down the trail or off the beach first & then go for what looks cool.
He said nothing about being trail ready, or beach cruising. Looks to me like he wants to take off the doors & top and enjoy his 60 mile commute every day. I'm sure if he wanted to be trail ready he would be asking about tires, lift, winches, not top & doors.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKU2007
He said nothing about being trail ready, or beach cruising. Looks to me like he wants to take off the doors & top and enjoy his 60 mile commute every day. I'm sure if he wanted to be trail ready he would be asking about tires, lift, winches, not top & doors.
You brought up beach cruising.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You brought up beach cruising.
? In which post? I never said anything about it, because he didn't ask about beach cruising.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKU2007
? In which post? I never said anything about it, because he didn't ask about beach cruising.
sorry my bad it was in post 11 that was someone else. I sincerly appolgize.

Quick Reply: I need held deciding!