Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I lowerd my jeep

Old 01-18-2014, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Because they did , do you have anything to say about the issue I had or only talk about a 2wd
In not sure what you're asking?? If you haven't adjusted the track bar, then adjust it. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at in the pics either. Pic #1 and #2 just look like they show a 2x4 vs a 4x4 front end. The 3rd pic just looks like you've changed out some components and painted them. I don't see the driveshaft that you're having the issue with. How much did you lower it by? Which kit did you buy and did it advise against excessive weight? Just asking for a little more details.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bfschor
In not sure what you're asking?? If you haven't adjusted the track bar, then adjust it. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at in the pics either. Pic #1 and #2 just look like they show a 2x4 vs a 4x4 front end. The 3rd pic just looks like you've changed out some components and painted them. I don't see the driveshaft that you're having the issue with. How much did you lower it by? Which kit did you buy and did it advise against excessive weight? Just asking for a little more details.
The point was when adding weight make sure to check your suspension for changes
Old 01-18-2014, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

If that is your point why did you not just put that in your first post...land of fruits and nuts!
Old 01-18-2014, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jaker t5
And I didn't notice until today , I had a issue with my drive shaft hitting the tranny and I couldn't figure out why so the plan was to bring my axle a little more to the driver side to fix it

But I went out to take a after picture and I put the before and after picture next to each other and bam I notice why my shaft is hitting after adding a bunch of weight my jeep has gotten lower and I never fixed the track bar for the height

Before where the track bar is

After now where it sits just with added weight
Originally Posted by JK UNLIMITED
If that is your point why did you not just put that in your first post...land of fruits and nuts!
I did is it easier to see without the pictures , I was just showing how the track bar height has change over the weight being added .... Land of the people who don't read the whole post
Old 01-18-2014, 10:58 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

If the adjustment helped you, great but I just don't see the difference between the before and after The exposed threads where the trackabr is adjusted looks about the same to me in both images
Old 01-18-2014, 11:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MFX
If the adjustment helped you, great but I just don't see the difference between the before and after The exposed threads where the trackabr is adjusted looks about the same to me in both images
If you look at the before and after pics, you can see how the trackbar is lower on the after photo. As reference, look at the 'dimples' on either side of the diff cover.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MFX
I haven't adjusted yet , I was amazed how much it change since the weight and have not noticed a difference with driving it

Quick Reply: I lowerd my jeep