Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I Have A Dana 60 front axle, and rear 14 bolt already built need answers please

Old 09-21-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I Have A Dana 60 front axle, and rear 14 bolt already built need answers please

Bolting them in is certainly possible with a ton of brackets and a welder, but making the computer and brakes recognize them would be alot more work. If you could live without the ESP system I think there is a procedure somewhere on this site to disable it all together. Also, the ABS system might throw a code or light up a dash light, but if you squint when you look at the dash you won't see it! Just depends on if you want a full stock like function or a simple bomb proof drivetrain under your rig. As for width, they will be huge under your rig, but there again it depends on whether you want an off road beast of a parking lot crawler.
I think I can get them narrowed if need be.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you end up putting these axles in your JK?
I am looking at the exact same swap and am interested in if you were able to get past the esp.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jptjdan1
Did you end up putting these axles in your JK?
I am looking at the exact same swap and am interested in if you were able to get past the esp.
Not yet. Everything is still all stock.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jerrod710

Not yet. Everything is still all stock.
I'm still debating on selling the axles.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well one big problem you are going to have wich im suprised no one has commented on yet is that a chevy axle is a passenger side drop and your jeep is a drivers side drop.

Quick Reply: I Have A Dana 60 front axle, and rear 14 bolt already built need answers please